TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Popping / clunk in front left

I looked around the forum, but wanted to be as specific as possible. Anytime I hit a small divot or turn sharp sometimes the front left pops or makes a slight clunk. I would assume strut mount comparing to what I have seen other places, but would like other ideas because I am not 100% sure.

Just an added note: when the SGT's were factory lowered, they didn't correct the geometry. So if you're making front end adjustments, a bumpsteer kit (tall tie-rod) is highly recommended to 'level' the struts, plus the stock ball joints are a mm too small (which can clunk). Had mine replaced a few years ago, noticeable difference in handling.

Plus: the rear wasn't leveled either, so I had a lower control arm relocation bracket installed, again to flatten the geometry. No more wheel hop, squats now.

Edited by BlackSGT

48 minutes ago, BlackSGT said:

Just an added note: when the SGT's were factory lowered, they didn't correct the geometry. So if you're making front end adjustments, a bumpsteer kit (tall tie-rod) is highly recommended to 'level' the struts, plus the stock ball joints are a mm too small (which can clunk). Had mine replaced a few years ago, noticeable difference in handling.

Plus: the rear wasn't leveled either, so I had a lower control arm relocation bracket installed, again to flatten the geometry. No more wheel hop, squats now.

agreed, i have had all that done and more car handles like a dream