TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dodge Demon vs Shelby GT500 - drag race video

Larry T

The Demon is a factory built drag racer with huge tires in the back.  You knew the result before the race even started. Don't try to turn quickly in one of those things though..... it won't be pretty.

16 hours ago, Secondo said:

You didn't post this stupid video of a GT500 and a person who can't drive it

giphy.gif

It wouldn't have mattered if the guy driving the GT 500 was John Force.... Put some drag racing meats on the back of the GT500 to equal what the Demon has and it would have been a closer match, but unless the GT500 has been greatly enhanced from a HP standpoint, the Demon wins 10 times out of 10.

Agreed but why bother posting a video of a GT500 bringing a plastic butter knife to a gunfight?

Clearly the mopar head who made the video was shaming the GT500 so why would someone post it here on a Shelby forum??? (That was my point)

Edited by Secondo

On 9/6/2018 at 3:54 PM, Macman756 said:

Geez dude driving the 13 Shelby cant launch it. My best time in a 100% stock 3V was 13.20, and that was a manual rated at like 250HP rear wheel. Shelby should run mid 11's shouldn't it?

That’s not a 2013. It looks like a 2011-2012 model.

Edited by Captain Beyond

On 9/7/2018 at 9:32 AM, Secondo said:

Agreed but why bother posting a video of a GT500 bringing a plastic butter knife to a gunfight?

Clearly the mopar head who made the video was shaming the GT500 so why would someone post it here on a Shelby forum??? (That was my point)

Sorry the video did not meet your standards on what should and should not be posted, I will try harder next time

Or maybe the Gt500 driver should pick a better fight next time ... getting smoked the first time wasn`t good enough

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:29 AM, Larry T said:

Sorry the video did not meet your standards on what should and should not be posted, I will try harder next time

Or maybe the Gt500 driver should pick a better fight next time ... getting smoked the first time wasn`t good enough

I think it is fine to post any video that displays a true outcome.  The GT500 is no match for the Demon.  Interesting to see how fast that Demon is.

6 hours ago, Secondo said:

Yes please do- it was appropriate for an SRT forum. You're the video master around here, could you find a better one with a prepared GT500 driver? 

Maybe it was the demon driver that purposely got in line with the GT500 or it was by coincidence? 

As requested