TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Restoring #283 looking for info.

okbobw

Hi,  I have been looking around on this forum and decided it is the place to be for the information I need to Restore my 06 GT-H that I rescued from a salvage auction. It is number 283 and the previous owner lived in northern Idaho from what I can find.

The project is going well BUT I'm trying to find some parts, either original or aftermarket, for the cold air intake & throttle body which were removed and replaced with the stock ford GT stuff. Also need the axle back exhaust. I have the right side but the drivers side is missing. My goal is to make it a solid 100% road worthy car. After that I can take my time to do the details.With the partners I have and with my past knowledge in racing (NHRA 69 Mustang 428 in the early 70's) I feel that this can be a sweet ride. 

I would like to know more about the tune that was used on this car, paperwork that normally came with it, and the history. What I found is that it was stolen at the time all the 06's were being delivered to Shelby and was recovered by Nevada police. Not sure if it was before or after it was completed by the Shelby team.

I don't have the police report only information is that it was stripped of some parts and the police recovered and returned it to Shelby in Las Vegas.

I presumed it was not a big deal or it would not have been put in the rental fleet.

I'm not to good explaining things, so it's understandable being misunderstood. I went and found some more info on the car and it may have been at the end of it's life as a rental when it was stolen. There is a big gap in info from that time until I spotted it sitting at Copart.

Would you happen to know what throttle body came on the car??? I was under the impression that it came with a 62mm Ford performance throttle body.

I beleive the throttle body is the stock one on all 2006 GT Mustangs.  Shelby did not change the throttle body.  However, the 91 0ctane tune was uploaded when the Ford Racing cold air intake kit was installed.    Search this site as there is a lot of info here.  I do not have the Ford Racing part # accessible at this time.  Good luck with the project and share some pictures.  

H0050 is correct that the Shelby GT-H and GT used the stock Mustang GT throttle body and intake tube. Here is a post from the Diablo site with info about the cold air intake.

https://forum.diablosport.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13044

"Actually, for the record on this forum...The Steeda 90mm intake is THE SAME exact intake as the FRPP 90mm intake that is used on the Shelby GT and GT-H and offered in the 2005-2007 cold air kits. Steeda is the supplier of the intake for FRPP. Steeda also sells a special intake elbow for the FRPP/Steeda unit but most tests show a marginal gain over using the stock elbow.

FRPP uses the Bullitt air intake (85mm black plastic) for the 2008-2009 vehicles.

So, if you have the 90MM FRPP intake p/n M-9603-S463 or p/n M-9603-GT05 then use the Steeda 90mm tunes that are in the Predator."

On eBay there is a listing for the M-9603-S463 intake only and one for the M-9603-GT06 intake with tune. If it's really available the GT06 may have the correct tune for your GT-H. Here is a post with info about the different p/n and you could also call Ford Racing to confirm.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/ford-racing-cold-air-kit-444335/

The Ford Racing mufflers were M-5230-GTA. There was a listing on eBay a couple of months ago but they may be harder to find.

Thanks for the info,

Really, I appreciate this so, I hope my lack of communication on this site does not suggest that I'm not appreciative of all of you who generously give you time to help people like me. I'm keyboard shy and almost got thrown off a forum once for trying to be funny,,,  it was taken the wrong way.

I did talk to FRPP AND Steeda but my best results came from a member here who gave me the right info and I bought the Steeda 90mm. I should not have to get a tune, and by the end of the day I should have this ready to go to my award winning paint shop.

I did get some 09 GT500 mufflers to get this on the road and will continue to look for the drivers side M-5230-GTA that was damaged and missing when I bought it.

I will post some pics when this is done. 

Thanks again

Bob W

Spokane, WA

On 8/29/2018 at 1:01 PM, okbobw said:

Thanks for the info,

Really, I appreciate this so, I hope my lack of communication on this site does not suggest that I'm not appreciative of all of you who generously give you time to help people like me. I'm keyboard shy and almost got thrown off a forum once for trying to be funny,,,  it was taken the wrong way.

I did talk to FRPP AND Steeda but my best results came from a member here who gave me the right info and I bought the Steeda 90mm. I should not have to get a tune, and by the end of the day I should have this ready to go to my award winning paint shop.

I did get some 09 GT500 mufflers to get this on the road and will continue to look for the drivers side M-5230-GTA that was damaged and missing when I bought it.

I will post some pics when this is done. 

Thanks again

Bob W

Spokane, WA

I wouldn’t worry too much about trying to track down a M-5230 -GTA muffler. Not having the original muffler is not really going to affect the value. If you are a stickler for details, or entering the car in shows then yeah maybe it will affect a judging.......otherwise,  who cares........ Plenty of people retrofitted GT500 exhausts to their 2007/2008 SGT and 2006/07 Shelby GT-H (HERTZ) cars and there are also plenty of other great aftermarket exhaust/mufflers available. Good luck and post some pics.