TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Iconic Shelby GT returns to the Shelby American lineup

ForumAdmin

If indeed you guys are getting quotes up to $88k and over $90k then just cancel the new Shelby GT as this is why it faded the 2nd time around the costs went so high you might as well buy a Super Snake. Then when the GTE came out that is what the Shelby GT was and made it the most loyal owned Shelby and the reason for the Shelby GT to come back was it was so popular and no one was a huge fan of the GTE. When I first seen the 2019 Shelby GT and looked at the prices it seems SAI listened to us but if you are getting these prices, wow. We are all Mustang fans but this price range add another $15k and you are looking at the AMG E63 S and that car can do amazing things like faster from 0-60 than their AMG GT R

I wish I could take the Coyote and Supercharger w/ that 10r80 Automatic out of the 2019 and put it in my 2008 GT/SC. My GT/SC is still my favorite Shelby but the power out of the new 2018 Mustang GT with PP1 and the 10spd Automatic is amazing

I'm not sure if the 2019 Shelby GT is priced higher than the 1LE or top Corvette but that wouldn't make sense and if over $90k than just buy the Super Snake

Don't forget the new GT500 and if priced $20k higher people gonna buy the GT500

On 9/5/2018 at 2:29 AM, 39Mustang said:

If indeed you guys are getting quotes up to $88k and over $90k then just cancel the new Shelby GT as this is why it faded the 2nd time around the costs went so high you might as well buy a Super Snake. Then when the GTE came out that is what the Shelby GT was and made it the most loyal owned Shelby and the reason for the Shelby GT to come back was it was so popular and no one was a huge fan of the GTE. When I first seen the 2019 Shelby GT and looked at the prices it seems SAI listened to us but if you are getting these prices, wow. We are all Mustang fans but this price range add another $15k and you are looking at the AMG E63 S and that car can do amazing things like faster from 0-60 than their AMG GT R

I wish I could take the Coyote and Supercharger w/ that 10r80 Automatic out of the 2019 and put it in my 2008 GT/SC. My GT/SC is still my favorite Shelby but the power out of the new 2018 Mustang GT with PP1 and the 10spd Automatic is amazing

I'm not sure if the 2019 Shelby GT is priced higher than the 1LE or top Corvette but that wouldn't make sense and if over $90k than just buy the Super Snake

Don't forget the new GT500 and if priced $20k higher people gonna buy the GT500

I hate to say it but I agree. I think SA really wants the cream of the crop buyers and does not want to deal with retail buyers in masses again. If they can make the same amount of money but with half the customers....that is corporate for you.

OH and one other thing, have you seen the interior upgrade?  The GT-Heritage interior upgrade has silver inserts with black leather.... with a gold striped car. Seriously silver and black leather with a gold striped car, what are they thinking? There is zero connection to the car.I also understood that every interior upgrade now is silver inserts with black, no matter what color the Shelby is, that is so wrong in so many ways. It is is starting to be cookie cutter car and I'm disappointed in that. I hope they changes their ways but leave the pedigree alone. 

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the 2 Heritage cars featured in the video today at the Shelby show in Gardena. Not too enthused about the GT-H designation, especially when they choose to have one of the cars done up in the same black with gold stripes used in most Hertz models since the 60's. What heritage are they referring to?

But the side stripes do show a difference from the original Hertz models. Those didn't say SHELBY on the side, just G.T. 350H. But the most recent Hertz models DID incorporate the Shelby name on the side...

Anyway, I like the looks of the white vert with gold rims. It didn't have upgraded rear disks, which made it look plain back there.

150228.jpg

9 minutes ago, Orion said:

I saw the 2 Heritage cars featured in the video today at the Shelby show in Gardena. Not too enthused about the GT-H designation, especially when they choose to have one of the cars done up in the same black with gold stripes used in most Hertz models since the 60's. What heritage are they referring to?

But the side stripes do show a difference from the original Hertz models. Those didn't say SHELBY on the side, just G.T. 350H. But the most recent Hertz models DID incorporate the Shelby name on the side...

Anyway, I like the looks of the white vert with gold rims. It didn't have upgraded rear disks, which made it look plain back there.

150228.jpg

From what I saw the new Shelby GT H had side stripes with Shelby GT H. Are you saying these had GT 350H side stripes?

On 9/6/2018 at 6:54 PM, SWEDEMAN said:

I hate to say it but I agree. I think SA really wants the cream of the crop buyers and does not want to deal with retail buyers in masses again. If they can make the same amount of money but with half the customers....that is corporate for you.

OH and one other thing, have you seen the interior upgrade?  The GT-Heritage interior upgrade has silver inserts with black leather.... with a gold striped car. Seriously silver and black leather with a gold striped car, what are they thinking? There is zero connection to the car.I also understood that every interior upgrade now is silver inserts with black, no matter what color the Shelby is, that is so wrong in so many ways. It is is starting to be cookie cutter car and I'm disappointed in that. I hope they changes their ways but leave the pedigree alone. 

There was discussion on TS several years ago about why SAI scaled back production. It didn’t really have as much to do with trying to just sell to the “cream of the crop buyers ” as you stated,  it was more due to crash testing regulations and emissions testing that passed legislation and were implemented in 2009. Mr Shelby himself saw the writing on the wall in regard to the regs and made the decision to scale down production to avoid having to be required to do expensive crash tests and emission tests. It was a smart move. While the current crop of cars may seem expensive, if they had decided to continue to mass produce cars, it would have probably made mass produced cars even more expensive. SAI has been through a lot of ups and downs over the years but they have managed to stay in business by being adaptive to the market.

I have strong feelings both ways (how's that for taking a definitive position!). Would I buy the new GT? Depends on the price I imagine. I like the looks of it, the fact that it has all of the newest technology helps, as does the fact that I could pick the donor car/color/ equipment etc. What also helps is that it comes out of the Shelby factory. Would I have sellers remorse if I sold my current Shelby to buy one...of course! But would I smile every time I looked at or drove the new Shelby...you betcha'!

Know what would stop me more than anything else? Not being able to look over at the passenger side air bag cover and see that signature. That my friends, could be a deal breaker.

Edited by SoCalSGT

3 hours ago, SoCalSGT said:

I have strong feelings both ways (how's that for taking a definitive position!). Would I buy the new GT? Depends on the price I imagine. I like the looks of it, the fact that it has all of the newest technology helps, as does the fact that I could pick the donor car/color/ equipment etc. What also helps is that it comes out of the Shelby factory. Would I have sellers remorse if I sold my current Shelby to buy one...of course! But would I smile every time I looked at or drove the new Shelby...you betcha'!

Know what would stop me more than anything else? Not being able to look over at the passenger side air bar cover and see that signature. That my friends, could be a deal breaker.

You can always get the auto pen signature.............

4 hours ago, SoCalSGT said:

Know what would stop me more than anything else? Not being able to look over at the passenger side air bag cover and see that signature. That my friends, could be a deal breaker.

I enjoy taking the gang for rides and also looking over and smiling.  I would miss the original signatures on my passenger side as well.  With the exception of Cleo, they are all the ones on the original certificate the GT-H owners got back in 2006.    

21616384_837697146391416_7278580155811732785_n.jpg

Edited by H0050

1 hour ago, H0050 said:

I enjoy taking the gang for rides and also looking over and smiling.  I would miss the original signatures on my passenger side as well.  With the exception of Cleo, they are all the ones on the original certificate the GT-H owners got back in 2006.    

21616384_837697146391416_7278580155811732785_n.jpg

NICE!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to put the Conv. in my garage but just bought another car so maybe later

I wish I could take this new supercharged Coyote and put it in my 2008 Shelby GT/SC. The HP difference is depressing

On 9/30/2018 at 5:02 AM, 39Mustang said:

I would love to put the Conv. in my garage but just bought another car so maybe later

I wish I could take this new supercharged Coyote and put it in my 2008 Shelby GT/SC. The HP difference is depressing

Hey there 39, what have I missed? Weren’t you talking about selling off all your cars a couple months ago? :headscratch: 

7 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Hey there 39, what have I missed? Weren’t you talking about selling off all your cars a couple months ago? :headscratch: 

Yes I was maybe still might and not that I need to explain but have some health issues that have kept me from using my cars and its beyond frustrating. Going back to FL for an injection to block some of the pain and if I can't get some relief on a long term basis then yes will sell all of them but my 73 Mach 1 which was my Dad's car and then moving to Hawaii. I actually have some things For Sale with a friend helping me but may list some soon. If I end up in Hawaii then I want the Conv.

Pain meds, Weed, Massage, Acupuncture,  even hard Booze nothing giving relief and last time I raced the car 2017 Bash 1 lap had to quit so I am extremely frustrated  

15 hours ago, 39Mustang said:

Yes I was maybe still might and not that I need to explain but have some health issues that have kept me from using my cars and its beyond frustrating. Going back to FL for an injection to block some of the pain and if I can't get some relief on a long term basis then yes will sell all of them but my 73 Mach 1 which was my Dad's car and then moving to Hawaii. I actually have some things For Sale with a friend helping me but may list some soon. If I end up in Hawaii then I want the Conv.

Pain meds, Weed, Massage, Acupuncture,  even hard Booze nothing giving relief and last time I raced the car 2017 Bash 1 lap had to quit so I am extremely frustrated  

That is exactly why we should do the things we want to do as tomorrow is not guaranteed. 

• 10 months later...
15 hours ago, fatboy said:

starting at $61k. Too rich for my blood. No telling what the dealership mark up will be.

They had my 07 SGT marked up at $44k on the sticker, but I got it for $38k. Don't know how because I didn't haggle that much.

Ok if I could get one for $61k I’d be an owner. However that would never happen. The dealer in Seattle has a semi loaded GT Mustang with the GT-H package, with no SC, for the bargain price of $87k with a $2k discount. Seattle has a big time income base so they sell them, after a while. Shelby American is pure business and why make a SGT or GTH car when they sell 20-1 Supersnake Trucks and make more bottom line. It is what it is. 

Edited by SWEDEMAN