TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Iconic Shelby GT returns to the Shelby American lineup

ForumAdmin

Hey all you guys;  I know some of you members are happy with the new cars that will be coming out, and also it sounds like a fair amount of you aren't happy about it!:(     The decisions on these cars being made is probably already a done deal, so we'll all just have to roll with the punches whether to like or dislike!!!!:headscratch:    In reality, these are business decisions that are made between Ford and Shelby to try and move and expand their "Branding" and products world wide.    And thus,  the end result they want is more sales and a larger bottom line,"Profit" !:)

Later!

"MONGOOSE"                  :peelout: 

Just got a quote today: With a Performance Pack option on a 2019 Mustang GT with the Shelby Heritage package, gold wheels and interior upgrade it will cost "approximately" $80K without a supercharger and about $88k with a super charger.  This new Shelby GT-H is a beautiful and sexy car, but that $ number is really strong. Like I said there will be no run on these Shelby GT's like the 2007-08 cars. 

53 minutes ago, SWEDEMAN said:

Just got a quote today: With a Performance Pack option on a 2019 Mustang GT with the Shelby Heritage package, gold wheels and interior upgrade it will cost "approximately" $80K without a supercharger and about $88k with a super charger.  This new Shelby GT-H is a beautiful and sexy car, but that $ number is really strong. Like I said there will be no run on these Shelby GT's like the 2007-08 cars. 

Funny I got a quote on the same two cars at $83,300 and $98,600 both 6 speed. 

2 hours ago, SWEDEMAN said:

It looks like this is going down the same road as the SS and other recent rollouts, to get it loaded will push 6 digits.  There are a significant amount of other cars I would prefer in the $100K price range, 2 of them are the GT350R and the soon to be released GT500.  I’m sure they will find some buyers, I do love the looks more then the SS, finally no Black Wheels!!!

2 hours ago, phyllis said:

Funny I got a quote on the same two cars at $83,300 and $98,600 both 6 speed. 

My quote was a general guesstimate from SA, Lol I thought I was being high on the quote! Nice sexy car but..... $80-$90k?

There is zero possibilities I will spend those dollars on that car, just a big miss by SA.

Go fish I guess.

Note: I would buy a GT350 and upgrade the wheels and interior before I spent $$80-$90k for a car that has no street cred, at this time.

Edited by SWEDEMAN

On 8/21/2018 at 2:05 PM, carnut12 said:

You have to wonder how many dealers will jump on this, the SS and F150’s sat on lots for years, many are still on lots.  I’m assuming they must get some of the profit, that would give them an incentive to buy one for their inventory, otherwise it seems foolish to do so.  These are still going to be more expensive then a GT-350 and the GT500 is around the corner.

I like it a lot from the pictures, I would get a White Vert with Gold Stripes and I would keep it NA.

As far as Hertz loyalist I honestly don’t think they are too worried about that they still can’t sell under 200 cars from 2016, how many actual loyalist are there?  No offense to any on this forum, but there obviously aren’t many to speak of.  That said I agree the “H” shouldn’t be a part of this.  Call it heritage if you want, just lose the “H”.

I am sure your probable correct assessment of Hertz loyalists was taken into consideration by the decision makers when they decided to exploit the GT-H designation.  "Let's do it - there aren't that many to piss off"

Hertz Loyalist

3 hours ago, dshafs said:

I am sure your probable correct assessment of Hertz loyalists was taken into consideration by the decision makers when they decided to exploit the GT-H designation.  "Let's do it - there aren't that many to piss off"

Hertz Loyalist

:thumbsup:

8 hours ago, dshafs said:

Hertz Loyalist

Or as Spock put it :

Spock: Don't grieve, Admiral. It was logical. The needs of the many... outweigh... 
Kirk: ... the needs of the few. 
Spock: Or the one.

That was a corporate decision bottom line. We are all aware of corporate decisions, be it they are not what we want to hear.

• Iconic Shelby GT returns to the Shelby American lineup with public introduction inside Ford Motor Company’s “Mustang Alley” during Woodward Dream Cruise 
  • Fastback, convertible, manual and automatic transmission options available 
  • Based on Ford Mustang GT, the 480 horsepower (estimated) sports car will be available through dealers in North America and mod shops worldwide starting just over $60,000
  • Shelby GT-H “Heritage” Edition celebrates the roots of the Shelby GT in a rental program

Everyone seems to missing the point of the Heritage car.  It is paying  homage to the Hertz cars.

It’s a great way to get the sweet Hertz color combo in a car that you can pick your own options on and there is no worry about how it was treated when it was a rental.  I think this car looks awesome.  The hood and the wheels are a great improvement over the SS look.  

However I am still holding out hope and my money for a new GT500KR convertible someday.  

56 minutes ago, sheppd01 said:
  • Iconic Shelby GT returns to the Shelby American lineup with public introduction inside Ford Motor Company’s “Mustang Alley” during Woodward Dream Cruise 
  • Based on Ford Mustang GT, the 480 horsepower (estimated) sports car will be available through dealers in North America and mod shops worldwide starting just over $60,000
  • Shelby GT-H “Heritage” Edition celebrates the roots of the Shelby GT in a rental program

Everyone seems to missing the point of the Heritage car.  It is paying  homage to the Hertz cars.

It’s a great way to get the sweet Hertz color combo in a car that you can pick your own options on and there is no worry about how it was treated when it was a rental.  I think this car looks awesome.  The hood and the wheels are a great improvement over the SS look.  

However I am still holding out hope and my money for a new GT500KR convertible someday.  

That's a tough sell.

Like Spock said..........

Spock: Don't grieve, Admiral. It was logical. The needs of the many... outweigh... 
Kirk: ... the needs of the few. 
Spock: Or the one.

15 hours ago, sheppd01 said:

I couldn't agree more.  If Shelby wants to release a new car for sale to the public they have the right to name it whatever they want.  The good news is the Shelby brand is still alive and kicking.... and they continue to release great cars that can do quite a bit of kicking as well.

In the past I have read many times about how ford has introduced heritage models. Many times over the years they wanted to bring the Boss 302 back. But team mustang or SVT  I’m not sure which one waited until they felt they had everything necessary to bring one back. So it’s more then just the bottom line to these enthusiasts at Ford. They have a deep appreciation for the past and what it means for Ford today. Ford made Shelby american promise not to make the 08/09 KR into a super snake in the future. Things like this people forget. 

Edited by mach 1 1970

Can the below be ordered on new 2019 Shelby GT Black coupe! I don’t know? I hear they want them all to be loaded to make the price at or over $100k like a Supersnake. The Shelby GT was never intended to compete with the Supersnake, so what about the enthusiast who just wants a base car with simple options for a daily driver like so many had in the first 2007-08 series?

1) 300a package 2) 10speed automatic or 6 speed 3) GT-H upgrade 4) gold vinyl stripes 5) gold wheels 6) Naturally aspirated.

I’ll report back as soon as I find out if this type of order can be achieved and what the cost is for a base 2019 Shelby GT-H as a daily driver.

Stay tuned.

35 minutes ago, SWEDEMAN said:

Can the below be ordered on new 2019 Shelby GT Black coupe! I don’t know? I hear they want them all to be loaded to make the price at or over $100k like a Supersnake. The Shelby GT was never intended to compete with the Supersnake, so what about the enthusiast who just wants a base car with simple options for a daily driver like so many had in the first 2007-08 series?

1) 300a package 2) 10speed automatic or 6 speed 3) GT-H upgrade 4) gold vinyl stripes 5) gold wheels 6) Naturally aspirated.

I’ll report back as soon as I find out if this type of order can be achieved and what the cost is for a base 2019 Shelby GT-H as a daily driver.

Stay tuned.

Black and Gold GT H  $83,300.00 with gold wheels 6 speed. $98,600.00 supercharged 6 speed. Is what i was quoted.  You have to have a 2019 GT performance package to start with. 

Edited by phyllis

Can I suggest you reach out to Chris Ruby at Shelby American @ 702-683-7060,  cell  or office #702-942-7235, ext 142?  He was tremendous when I ordered my 2016 GTE convertible; helped me pick out what I needed vs what I thought I wanted. 

Nascarbilly

6 hours ago, phyllis said:

Black and Gold GT H  $83,300.00 with gold wheels 6 speed. $98,600.00 supercharged 6 speed. Is what i was quoted.  You have to have a 2019 GT performance package to start with. 

From what I have understood, the performance pack is up to the buyer. In all advertisements it “clearly” states $66,500 for the H package. As long as it is a GT with the 300a, and you’re not tracking or racing the car why have a performance pack? It is just an extra $4k for zero increased horse power. It’ll still be 460-480hp, unless I’m misinformed?

Note: I’m looking for the lowest price a consumer can buy a non- H car and a H car. That’s my goal.

We’ll see. I’ll report back.

Press realease/ Car and Driver: All this Shelby specialness will cost you $61,345 (add $5000 for the H) versus $36,350 for a plain old Ford-brand Mustang GT. At that price, no doubt many owners will stash their Shelby GTs away in the garage, the same way you’d bury gold in the back yard.

Edited by SWEDEMAN

On 8/26/2018 at 9:25 PM, SWEDEMAN said:

From what I have understood, the performance pack is up to the buyer. In all advertisements it “clearly” states $66,500 for the H package. As long as it is a GT with the 300a, and you’re not tracking or racing the car why have a performance pack? It is just an extra $4k for zero increased horse power. It’ll still be 460-480hp, unless I’m misinformed?

Note: I’m looking for the lowest price a consumer can buy a non- H car and a H car. That’s my goal.

We’ll see. I’ll report back.

Press realease/ Car and Driver: All this Shelby specialness will cost you $61,345 (add $5000 for the H) versus $36,350 for a plain old Ford-brand Mustang GT. At that price, no doubt many owners will stash their Shelby GTs away in the garage, the same way you’d bury gold in the back yard.

You can use a 300a, but pricing for the car and the package is going to depend on options for both.

The base Heritage non-supercharged build is right at $30k, and the gold wheels add another $600.

The rest depends on the price of the donor car and options.

Love the SGT and the white & gold option.  Now a GT-H for "Heritage", not so much.  Really is confusing IMO.  That said, I guess the owners of those who get one can say "my GT-H was never in the rental fleet".  Oh, wait, its a Heritage edition not a HERTZ edition so of course it would not be a rental.  Hey maybe add a Heritage emblem where the HERTZ emblem were mounted.  For me its all about the connection of the 1966 Hertz program and what the 2006 GT-H program did for Shelby.  Kick start the company again.  It will hold a special spot in Shelby automotive history.  The new GT-H cannot take that away. 

I am NOT 100% totally sure but it looks to me like you will only be able to secure one of these 2019 beauties via a FORD dealer and NOT directly through Shelby American, LVN. Clearly, the base prices listed for the "regular vs H" cars is strictly for the bare bones, no frills 300A car with NO options or add-ons on the coupe cars. 

The problem you need to worry about is how much the greedy Ford dealers will "up-price" these cars for the privilege of selling one to you.  Case in point, the 2016-2017 Mustang GT350's were selling for $39,995 plus for the Non-R cars and $69,995 for the "R" cars ABOVE, yes, ABOVE MSRP.  Second point, back in the day, the new 2002 TBirds were selling for $20,000 above MSRP until buyers figured out 1) they were gutless  2) "chick" or old people's cars  3) not designed for people over 6 feet tall. Hence they ceased manufacturing them in 2005 after years of poor sales. Very sad.

Diane and I totally enjoyed our "buying experience" going through Shelby American/Chris Ruby to design and build our '16 Shelby GTE convertible. i don't think any Ford dealer is going to give you any "warm and fuzzy" feeling.  I'll bet very few if any of them know how to advise you on the performance options available through SA. 

Best wishes to those planning to buy a 2019 Shelby GT.

Nascarbilly

I'm thinking that these will be done in a similar fashion to the GT350 run. We ordered the donor car from the dealer, outfitted the way we wanted it, within the SA guidelines, and the car was delivered to SAI for the conversion. The dealer, nor we, ever saw the car until it was done. The dealer just placed the order and got paid, never took stock of the car; there was a special code that Ford used to deliver the car to SAI by train.

Seems like this would make sense again. But who knows?

5 minutes ago, TAPD117 said:

I wish Shelby would clear up the sales of the car, can the average Joe send a 2019 Mustang GT to Las Vegas, or is this a Ford dealer only Shelby GT deal.   GG

You are unlikely to get an answer here since the people that can answer don't really frequent here any more.  (Steve being the occasional exception, but it could be months before he comes back for another purpose.)

So why don't you call Shelby American, ask the questions, and post the responses for everyone? 

20 minutes ago, twobjshelbys said:

You are unlikely to get an answer here since the people that can answer don't really frequent here any more.  (Steve being the occasional exception, but it could be months before he comes back for another purpose.)

So why don't you call Shelby American, ask the questions, and post the responses for everyone? 

That's really a shame ………..  GG

Here is my reply from Shelby:

Glenn,

Thank for contacting Shelby American.  The car must be purchased as a Shelby GT from an authorized Shelby Ford dealer that is in the dealer network.  Aaron McGilvray is the rep for that area.  He can assist you with the dealer and ordering.  His number is 325-267-4797.  I have copied him on the email so he can reach out to you.

Thank you,

Matt Giles

Sales Manager

Shelby American, Inc.

6405 Ensworth St.

Las Vegas, NV 89119

Office   702-942-7325 ext 107 

Mobile 702-683-0070              

www.mattg@shelby.com

www.shelby.com

From: ggreenwell1952@gmail.com[mailto:ggreenwell1952@gmail.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 2:54 PM
To: Sales <sales@shelby.com>; Rich Sparkman <richs@shelby.com>
Subject: General question or comment from Shelby.com

Message received via Shelby.com from:

Glenn Greenwell
Texarkana AR 71854-8218

Can you send a 2019 Mustang GT for conversion to a Shelby GT or does it have to be done through a Ford Dealer, your ad is not clear. GG

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd.

Edited by TAPD117
revised post