TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hello all gt350 owners, I figured I would share a couple things that I have sourced for my 17 Shelby GT350 in the form of oil products.  I have heard quite a few owners discussing oils for their 5.2 and did some digging of my own, and discovered a few items of interest. First off is, Joe gibbs 5w50 full synthetic. It is specifically for the coyote modular platform, and more specifically the boss 302 and 5.0 w/ heavy duty oil cooling option. I personally have tried it, and love the stuff with no issues to report. I don't believe mine had any oil consumption problem to speak of, but I figured it may be an option for those looking for alternatives. Second item is from silverhorse racing. They produce their own oil separators in house and do make a kit for the 5.0 coyote. I was only after the passenger side separator after finding out that was really the only pcv line to watch for excessive oil blow-by. Their kit is complete w/ pre bent plastic hose if you desire, or you can split the factory one and go that route. I used the pre-bent kit, and it fits well with the Shelby's slightly different setup. Just a couple things I figured I would share with everyone, and I will try to get some pics of the separator to show.

It is supposed to meet requirements of all ford coyote modular, including the voodoo. It is used in the factory cobra jet drag cars as well, and considering the stress those are put under, I would say that is probably more than most street cars. As far as "trying to save a buck" I say absolutely not. I am on the lookout for the best possible lubricants for this car possible, and use Gibbs' oil in my other high performance engines. I do not concern myself with warranty matters anyway, there is nowhere in my area I would even take this car to for that work. Saving money is not my concern on this matter, but I know there are better alternative choices available to those who seek them. If people are happy with motorcraft stuff, then that's great, but I figured I would share what I use for anyone curious.

• 1 year later...

What kind of driving do you do with your GT350? I have had no issue with the Ford motor oil in mine, but I am not in an area that allows me to drive it really hard. If you are just street driving, or even street racing the Motorcraft should work without a problem, but if you are on the track a lot, then yes I would definitely be looking for something better. 

• 1 month later...