TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Sheby GT factory sales literature

dbm350

I am looking for original factory sales literature for a 2007 Shelby GT. I am the original owner of this car and would like some lit. for future documentation. I know not much was printed to promote these cars. If anyone has something they are willing to part with, let me know.        Thanks,       Doug

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/16/2018 at 7:27 AM, dbm350 said:

I am looking for original factory sales literature for a 2007 Shelby GT. I am the original owner of this car and would like some lit. for future documentation. I know not much was printed to promote these cars. If anyone has something they are willing to part with, let me know.        Thanks,       Doug

The only 2007 Shelby GT specific advertising material that I recall  is a hero card for the NorCal Edition Shelby GT and an auto show poster featuring both the black and the white Shelby GT's.

As others have mentioned the Shelby GT was included in some full line brochures along with employee & stock holder handouts.

Steve

47 minutes ago, ChicagoChris said:

Can someone post a pic of the Stockholder Handouts? 

Below is a link to Ford's Annual reports that are mailed to stockholders. I'm not seeing what I recall being in there so either I'm mistaken or there's another publication.

Interesting that there isn't a single Shelby photo in the 2005 to 2009 reports, not even a GT500.

http://www.annualreports.com/Company/ford-motor-company

6 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

One of the rarest items might be a catalog or brochure from the Military vehicle purchase program ( not sure what the correct name is for that program).

Many Shelby GT's were sold through this program so I would think there had to be some sort of a printed brochure/flyer/hero card.

Hey SAI-Steven,  I currently own a 08 Shelby GT and I really enjoy it and always wanted one.  After reading a few of your guys posts on here it's becoming extremely clear why so much of the general public and also some "Dealers" are totally unaware of what a great and rare Shelby GT cars these are!   They are basically widely over-looked every where because of a lack of promotion by the (Manufacturer) and Customizer!  I Know there wasn't alot produced, so that means less money made on them, but heck, they really deserve more publicity and info on those really fun and "COOL" cars to Honor, (The Man),  MR. Carroll Shelby and set the "Record Straight"!!!        J.M.O.      Later!   " MONGOOSE"      :peelout:   P.S. Thanks for listening, I just had to pipe in!!:thumbsup:

'

12 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey SAI-Steven,  I currently own a 08 Shelby GT and I really enjoy it and always wanted one.  After reading a few of your guys posts on here it's becoming extremely clear why so much of the general public and also some "Dealers" are totally unaware of what a great and rare Shelby GT cars these are!   They are basically widely over-looked every where because of a lack of promotion by the (Manufacturer) and Customizer!  I Know there wasn't alot produced, so that means less money made on them, but heck, they really deserve more publicity and info on those really fun and "COOL" cars to Honor, (The Man),  MR. Carroll Shelby and set the "Record Straight"!!!        J.M.O.      Later!   " MONGOOSE"      :peelout:   P.S. Thanks for listening, I just had to pipe in!!:thumbsup:

'

In my opinion the Shelby GT was overshadowed by its big brother the GT500 both in production volume and in the media. So although the Shelby GT may be overlooked, that just makes them more special to their owners.

One other item to keep in mind is resale value. Take the GT500's  original MSRP and compare it to the GT500's current selling price. Now take the SGT's original MSRP and compare it to its current selling price and you'll see that the Shelby GT has retained a higher resale percentage compared to the GT500.

The Shelby GT definitely gave buyers more bang for their buck right off the showroom floor, add a supercharger to the SGT and you actually have a superior car compared to a stock GT500.

GT500 owners please don't get me wrong, the GT500 is a great car in its own right, its just that the SGT has more uniqueness to it when compared to the larger production volume GT500.

Steve

Thanks Don, I actually don't think I've seen those versions of the 2007 cards before. I only have this version which was sent as a PowerPoint to Ford Dealers in fall 2006. Shelby GT Information Packet - EFC.pdf

Edited by IASHELBYGT

SAI-Steven

That is really well put! I am sure just like all the other SGT owners, I continually get asked by people if it is an actual Shelby vehicle being that it isn't a 500. More of a Shelby than an GT500 as we all know! It is one of the main reasons I was seeking a SGT in the first place. Definitely agree that you are getting more of a car from a boosted SGT than you are from a stock GT500. Not even close. Really cool to see what little marketing there was though for these cars. 

4 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

The Shelby GT definitely gave buyers more bang for their buck right off the showroom floor, add a supercharger to the SGT and you actually have a superior car compared to a stock GT500.

Steve nailed the difference.    There were two ways to arrive at the same solution.

1.  Buy a Shelby GT and add a supercharger

2. Buy a GT500 and add all the suspension/handling bits.

The #1 solution was cheaper but limited in that the 3v engine was HP max limited.

The #2 solution had more engine headroom so people were adding Whipples way beyond 700-800 HP. 

So if you weren't interested in adding a whole bunch more horsepower that you couldn't really use in most circumstances, the Shelby GT was the best deal.

3 hours ago, IASHELBYGT said:

Thanks Don, I actually don't think I've seen those versions of the 2007 cards before. I only have this version which was sent as a PowerPoint to Ford Dealers in fall 2006. Shelby GT Information Packet - EFC.pdf

I and other members created these cards 10 or so years ago. All of these items, and more, are in the pinned thread. No need to repost them here. 

54 minutes ago, JeffIsHereToo said:

I and other members created these cards 10 or so years ago. All of these items, and more, are in the pinned thread. No need to repost them here. 

Jeff,

Yes, I think I was one of those members that sent you some of this stuff originally back in the day and then you pinned it. Anyway, the thing I posted was just in reference to Don's post I don't see what it hurts to put in my response.

7 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

In my opinion the Shelby GT was overshadowed by its big brother the GT500 both in production volume and in the media. So although the Shelby GT may be overlooked, that just makes them more special to their owners.

One other item to keep in mind is resale value. Take the GT500's  original MSRP and compare it to the GT500's current selling price. Now take the SGT's original MSRP and compare it to its current selling price and you'll see that the Shelby GT has retained a higher resale percentage compared to the GT500.

GT500 owners please don't get me wrong, the GT500 is a great car in its own right, its just that the SGT has more uniqueness to it when compared to the larger production volume GT500.

Steve

Thanks Steve for your quick reply and your very informative opinion!    It look's like you hit the "Nail" on the head!!    Yes, the Shelby GTs get overshadowed by their big brother, but that just makes them more special in the end to their current owners!    The Shelby GTs were and still are one of the (Best Bangs for the Buck) that are out there and there a real second coming of "Carroll Shelby's, first original Shelby GT!       J.M.O.         P.S.  "Maybe someday they'll get the (RESPECT) they deserve going down in the (Archives of Shelby History)!  :thumbsup:

Thanks again: Steve!                              "MONGOOSE"                :peelout:

I bought my '07 memorial w-end of '07 and it's my daily driver. When it was new it got lots of looks and thumbs up. Surprisingly even with all the new Shelby's, high powered Fords and other horsepower cars, I still see people taking second looks, "nice car!", giving thumbs up and asking questions at stop lights. The '07 may be the lost stepchild in performance but I still love the way it looks and drives. Thanks for all the pictures and informative .PDF's BTW. It's nice to learn new things about our cars.

Clarence

07 shelby reduced.jpg