TEAM SHELBY FORUM

900 to 1000?..

I wanted to know what the difference between my ‘14, 900hp Super Snake was to the Shelby 1000. I have the head and cam package, along with everything but the hole-shot package. What tips the scales and produces your iconic 1000hp heart-beat? Am I only a few adjustments away, or am I short the 1000 mark, due to a major undertaking? Inquiring minds want to know ?..... thanks

you can google 2104 Shelby Supersnake Brochure and 2014 Shelby 1000 brochure and download them the brochures and do the comparison yourself. None of us know all the options you have. I guess you may be a few adjustments away as you say horsepower-wise, but no matter how much money you throw at your  Supersnake to match the HP of the Shelby 1000 your Supersnake will still be a Supersnake.

Edited by mhr1961

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:38 PM, Widesnake said:

I wanted to know what the difference between my ‘14, 900hp Super Snake was to the Shelby 1000. I have the head and cam package, along with everything but the hole-shot package. What tips the scales and produces your iconic 1000hp heart-beat? Am I only a few adjustments away, or am I short the 1000 mark, due to a major undertaking? Inquiring minds want to know ?..... thanks

Are you running the race tune and race fuel? or a street tune and street fuel?

Here is the Shelby info. on the 1000hp Super Snake option flyer, maybe do a stare and compare to what was installed on your car to get it to 900hp. It may be the fuel and the tune that makes the difference?

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

It definitely says "Race fuel is required" in the information above, and I would guess there is also a race tune to take full advantage of that "good fuel". <<<But that is just a guess on my part.

If I remember correctly, the Shelby 1000 is not 1000hp unless the race fuel is used.......

R

Edited by Robert M

Thank you very much, this is some good stuff!! Besides, even at 1000 on race fuel, the new motors and 10-speed tech is making mine less capable roaming the freeways, waiting for a bite! I might just get “bit” when the new 500 hits the street!

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:54 PM, 66GT350PS said:

What trans are these running?

The regular production 800 and 850 Super Snakes are still using the oem GT500 speed as far as I know, at the 50-150hp more level? maybe still relying on that same transmission? What is it, a TR-6060? I don't know what kind of torque a V-10 Viper has, but doesn't it use the same TR-6060? <<I think?

R

Edited by Robert M