TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Indoor Car Cover for 2008 SGT Conv

AndyGJ

I'm looking to find or buy a nice car cover to help ward off some minor scratches on my 2008 SGT.  It sits in the garage, but closest to the garage door to the house.....and thus, the kids have donated a few minor scratches to my dismay.

Any recommendations or anyone have an old Shelby car cover that they would like to sell?

Andy.

+1 on the California...but I recommend their Dust Top.  Then throw an old comforter over the side closes to the traffic.  The cover will prevent the comforter from sliding off and it will add the protection you are looking for. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've been through several covers.

I bought one of those cheap ones off eBay and massively regret that decision. While my car was covered for over a week (which is normal)  it was being hit by the door of a truck that was parked next to it. My neighbor was illegally Air B&Bing his place. Apparently someone was slamming the passenger side door into my car and I never knew until I took the cover off! The truck's owner was gone, but the damage remained. 4 or 5 dimples and chips.

I bought a tougher car cover from American Muscle, the TruFit Standard Fit Car Cover. It fits pretty well on my Vert and had the mirror pockets.Then I bought many feet of thick velcro and attached the soft half to the inside of the cover, right where my doors and fenders have been picking up door dings. All down both sides.

The car's at the paintless dent removal place this week.

I’ll sell you mine, I used it once, it is actually the one meant for your car, it is blue with silver stripes.  I didn’t buy white because I figured it would get dirty.

It looks like the going rate is $350 or so, I don’t remember what I paid, but I’ll take $250 shipped if you want it.  If so I can take pictures when I get home later, let me know.  

Edited by carnut12

20 hours ago, carnut12 said:

I’ll sell you mine, I used it once, it is actually the one meant for your car, it is blue with silver stripes.  I didn’t buy white because I figured it would get dirty.

It looks like the going rate is $350 or so, I don’t remember what I paid, but I’ll take $250 shipped if you want it.  If so I can take pictures when I get home later, let me know.  

If you can send me a picture, that would be great.  I'd like to have one like this that matches!  You can PM me or email to Andy@AndyJabaley.com

Thanks,

Andy.

• 10 months later...