TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Great improvement- Stop the possibility of losing your Washer Fluid Billet Cap

Important - This is just for the gray adapter you see attached to the cap.  It does not include the Billet Cap.

Many of the 2016 GT-H washer fluid caps are missing because of a loose fit.  The O-Ring just does not seal the cap and they can become jarred off and fall down into the frame or out on the road - gone.   My son designed and fabricates (3d-prints) an adapter that solves this problem and provides for an excellent tight fit.  See photos.  

I don't think I am allowed to sell on here so if you are interested go to the classified section and look for topic.   2016 GT-H Washer Fluid Cap Adapter.  

It will tell you how to get one.  

Dave

resized 20180808_204922.jpg

resized 20180808_204929.jpg

resizes 0180808_205001.jpg

resized 20180808_205034.jpg

Edited by dshafs
Additional info

• 3 weeks later...

I now have mine installed from Skyler. I was really surprised how the loose the fitment was after I read this. So I bought one and it is a nice TIGHT fit, it will not fly off.

Thanks for the solution, Skyler!

I should have asked if he could # it! Just kidding!

Brent

GT-H Gas cap.jpg

11 hours ago, blz57 said:

I now have mine installed from Skyler. I was really surprised how the loose the fitment was after I read this. So I bought one and it is a nice TIGHT fit, it will not fly off.

Thanks for the solution, Skyler!

I should have asked if he could # it! Just kidding!

Brent

GT-H Gas cap.jpg

Really happy you are pleased with the adapter.   I love mine and it's great not to have to worry about losing the cap.  It's my understanding that there are many cars without them.

Dave

Dave, the adapter your son makes certainly adds piece of mind.

I drove my GT-H yesterday to work, and wouldn't you know it, there was lumber in the fast lane. I had enough time to go to over to the left (emergency lane), but still ran over lumber and the car took some "bumps" (no damage). The first thing I checked was if my washer cap was still on the car (it was). I got home last night and there was Skyler's adapter in the mail, so I wasted no time putting it on the car after what may have been a close call.

It is a "mod" that can be undone at any time, so that it a plus.

Brent

• 11 months later...

I just had the  unbelievable luck of recover my “missing” cap!

Was on a racetrack last week, having some fun, and during one of those tight turn maneuvers, it actually dropped onto the

tarmac, from the engine compartment......not exactly a great sound underneath the car, but you can imagine my surprise, when

I picked up the cap, knowing what it was.

So the car was shipped to me with a blue plastic cap and now has the genuine GT-H cap, with just a little bit of racetrack patina😁

So Dave, I will send you a pm,  try figuring out how to get one of your fine adapters shipped to Denmark....

Just saying, there might be 1 or 2 caps to be found, stashed away in the engine compartment😎😎

/Bo