TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SS DiabloSport Mafia

If you are asking about the small black box that connects into the engine harness and MAF, yes mine still has it installed, but KB says that it should be removed with their current PCM update for the 725. I think that black  Mafia box also has some sort of red something on it?

R

Edited by Robert M

2 hours ago, Robert M said:

If you are asking about the small black box that connects into the engine harness and MAF, yes mine still has it installed, but KB says that it should be removed with their current PCM update for the 725. I think that black  Mafia box also has some sort of red something on it?

R

DiabloSport_Logo_2_Color__77057.13372802

Thanks Robert, yes that's the unit i have. I have been having some tune issues and we are replacing the "black box" (DiabloSport Mafia).

Where can i get the information and/or update for my 725 PCM

Many thanks again

Rod

14 hours ago, seward17 said:

Thanks Robert, yes that's the unit i have. I have been having some tune issues and we are replacing the "black box" (DiabloSport Mafia).

Where can i get the information and/or update for my 725 PCM

Many thanks again

Rod

I called the tech line at KB about 6 months ago, Jim Bell answered the phone. There have been some TB updates also, I believe the latest version is 6. I had a KB twin 75 from a 2011 Super Snake that I sent in for a swap and I also bought a small basic programmer from them with the newest tune. They also recommended that I update the CAI from the Black bellows style as the Ford GT used, to the newer polished tube CAI. Most likely the newest tune is what became the 750hp 2.8 KB after the original 725.

I have not done anything to my car yet, because in reality it is not really giving me any issues other than sticking at a high idle (1200 or so) from time to time at a stop light, but it does not happen all of the time and actually it has not happened the last few times I have had my car out. I have the Shelby/JBA full 3" Super Snake 700 exhaust system that was offered by Shelby Perf. Parts in the early days and it can be a little embarrassing to pull up to a stop light in a Torch Red Super Snake while trying to tap down the idle..........while "attempting to blend in".....

I should also mention.....that Mafia gets eliminated with the newer tune........Jim couldn't believe I still had all of that original early 2009 stuff on my 2008 725. I told him it runs good, I have been happy with it, but it is just that high idle from time to time.....

R

Edited by Robert M