TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is SAAC-43 Car Show Open to Non-Registered Viewers

nascarbilly

Greetings, 

i have a schedule conflict with limited time I am NOT able to resolve.  I am a Team Shelby Member but did NOT sign up to show my Shelby GTE this coming weekend at the Sonoma Raceway. Can I come there specifically to view the car show cars on display and then leave?  If yes, what will the cost be for 1) parking of my Non-Shelby car and 2)car show admission?

Thanks for your assistance,

Nascarbilly

Yes, you can pay for entry daily at the entry gate to view the show and races.  Check the fees and schedule at the saac.com web page.  Registration is being handled independent of SAAC by: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/saac-43-national-convention-sonoma-raceway-shelby-american-automobile-club-693271

Nascarbilly...sorry we won’t get to see your beautiful convertible GTE Saturday.   Definitely come anyway if you can, even if just for just a few hours.  You won’t regret it.  I’ll be there with my 2017 version red Super Snake.  Stop by and introduce yourself if you get a chance.

John

Many Thx to Cali_KR for the current update and clarification.  No problem with the paid admission.  I definitely want to go look for other Shelby GTE cars, especially GTE convertibles.

And to T-Bone68, looking forward to seeing you there.  What color are the stripes on your Super Snake?

Nascarbilly

Excellent, excellent!!  

Can you imagine working for Gary P. and Vince L. @SAI?   The whole company acts like one great big happy family; where else can you go and have the Pres and his V-P out cutting donuts in the parking lot.   Diane and I picked up our GTE convertible @ SAI this very weekend last year from Vince Laviolette while Gary was out in Sonoma.   Both Gentlemen are quite the jokesters in their own way.  The underneath of my hood has been signed by EVERY person at SAI that was involved in my car's build including these two characters.

Both definitely play as hard as they work. 

Nascarbilly

12 hours ago, nascarbilly said:

And to T-Bone68, looking forward to seeing you there.  What color are the stripes on your Super Snake?

Hey Nascarbilly...Mine actually has the stripe delete option with black side stripes.  My wife Kim is driving the Super Snake in and I’m bringing our 67 GT350, both red.  Hopefully we can cross paths and compare notes.  There should definitely be at least a few other 2015+ Shelby’s there as well.

John

Howdy T-Bone68,

Your Super Snake should be easier for us to locate, most all I've seen have the "over the top stripes".  I assume you and Kim will be parked together or is the parking there like Fabulous Fords Forever in So Cal where ALL of the cars are parked according to their respective class/grouping? 

My main reason for coming is to see if I can actually locate ANY Shelby GTE cars.  I have seen one at SAI, and numerous coupes on the internet throughout the USA and overseas but NEVER a GTE convertible, period.  I know for sure I have the first one ever made according to SAI, but they won't tell me about any others.  Since last August, every time I have heard about any gathering like this, I have tried to find a GTE that may have gone.   Maybe this will be the weekend.  

Bill and Diane  

Just about every Shelby vehicle is here and parked all over or running in different driver groups on track.  Only section grouping of cars will be those that enter Saturdays popular vote car show.  I have seen a number of different year GTH cars but not GTE ones...yet.   Lots more cars expected tomorrow.:cool::cool:  

A few Super Snakes of various years.  Quite a few 07 and 08 Shelby GT and different year GTH .    New purple SS from SAI is being hammered with passenger rides by Patterson.  It has revised suspension but not engine mods yet to the stock 460 HP Coyote.  Ford Perforamce doing hot lap rides in the Ford GT and a GT350R.  Quite a few new GT350 and GT350R doing what they were built to do...blast on a track.  

We had a rather short day there (11am to approx 3:30p);  spent some time in the shade up in the grandstands.  Very entertaining to watch all the different cars (including 2 or 3 old NASCAR cars I have actually seen race) competing with their modern day cousins.    This was our first SAAC event at Sonoma Raceway; we both enjoyed our day there.

Special shout out to T-Bone68 and his lovely bride Kim.  We met up with them today at the car show;  great to be able to meet some of the wonderful folks I have been conversing with during this first year of our membership in Team Shelby.  I like red cars and they have two prime examples of tremendous pride in ownership!!  

Looking forward to meeting more TS members at our next opportunity.

Nascarbilly

It was definitely worth the drive down from Sacramento in the "Tree Hugger" (we parked it at the end of the row up on the hill and walked away real fast for fear someone would recognize us LOL, LOL).

On a serious note, I was extremely impressed with the overall quality of the cars present; I only wish there had been more to see. ???

On 8/4/2018 at 7:43 PM, nascarbilly said:

Special shout out to T-Bone68 and his lovely bride Kim....

Looking forward to meeting more TS members...

Hey Nascarbilly... was a pleasure meeting you two as well!!

Keep watching this Pacific Coast section of the Team Shelby site.  Jim organizes some great events.  Definitely try to come for the charity cruise and lunch in December.  You’ll meet a ton of nice local Team Shelby members who were not at SAAC.  Can’t wait to see your car some day.

-John

Roger that and many thx!!  We are very excited to meet more Team Shelby members here in Nor Cal.

Any  chance you would happen to know the December date for the Bay Area charity cruise and lunch?  I heard about it too late for us to go last year.

Bill and Diane