TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua

jjm

Hi Everyone,

I am seeking some help as to how much my vehicle may be worth? I am unsure if it is an actual Terlingua as it has all Shelby badges. 

Odometer: 42,000

Paxton supercharger

20' Razor wheels

Eibach suspension 

Shelby breaks/pistons (Baer I believe)

Borla exhaust?? I need to check closer on this.

5 speed manual transmission.

IMG_36231.thumb.jpg.0540bbbcf877731d65fe541bb70db9e7.jpg

Thanks for reaching out-

your car has a Shelby GT dash plaque, but it looks very rough.  I would rreach out to Shelby American and see if their records show that CSM to match your VIN.  If you have a 4.6L engine, and its a 2007 or 2008, it might be an SGT with some terlingua parts.  Looking at the details of just the first picture, it is missing some items to be a legitimate Terlingua.  All Terlinguas were the 4.0L V6 and were offered only on 2005-2009 MY S197 .  If that is a v6, it might have been a Terlingua at one time but if you dont have a TRT CSM number, then you dont have any way to prove it without a VIN check trough Shelby.  Either way, you need to talk Steve at Shelby

Looks like it might be a likely candidate for a CS6 or a CS8 to me. The front end looks correct, and it does appears it's a CS6/8 hood and side scoops rather that a Terlingua. 

Edited by dh777

Yes, but I was trying to be a little more diplomatic about it- the plaque is not right.

in my experience, people wont take our word for it, and usually just want validation.  If he is really interested in figuring this out, he needs a call to Steve Thornton.

Thanks guys. 

It does have 4.0 v6. But was very confused as to when I first purchased this looked nothing like a regular mustang. 

I will reach out to Steve. 

9 hours ago, jjm said:

Thanks guys. 

It does have 4.0 v6. But was very confused as to when I first purchased this looked nothing like a regular mustang. 

I will reach out to Steve. 

Your CSM Plate Says Shelby GT. And as others pointed out the badge is "polished"where as an SGT badge is sort of a satin finish. Also,  If i am not mistaken, there was no such thing as a V-6 Shelby GT. Something is off here. Hopefully Steve at SAI can help you out.

For everyone wondering. Steve got back to me.

The VIN number you provided comes back to a 2007 Ford Mustang equipped with a 4.0 liter V6 engine. It is not a Shelby CS6 nor a Shelby Terlingua but rather an owner modified Ford Mustang. That dash plaque shown in one of the photos you emailed me is from a Shelby GT so that too would be an owner modification.” 

Seems like the previous owner had a vision to turn it into a CS6.  Runs great and keeps me happy at least, but gotta get rid of it.

Thank you all,

16 hours ago, jjm said:

For everyone wondering. Steve got back to me.

The VIN number you provided comes back to a 2007 Ford Mustang equipped with a 4.0 liter V6 engine. It is not a Shelby CS6 nor a Shelby Terlingua but rather an owner modified Ford Mustang. That dash plaque shown in one of the photos you emailed me is from a Shelby GT so that too would be an owner modification.” 

Seems like the previous owner had a vision to turn it into a CS6.  Runs great and keeps me happy at least, but gotta get rid of it.

Thank you all,

If you do decide to sell it, you might make some extra Cash by selling the Hood, Front Bumper Cover and Grill for Cash and Replacements.  The Hood is worth about $1,500 PLUS a replacement Hood painted same color, the Front Bumper Cover should bring about $1,000 plus a replacement painted same color and the Grill about $400 plus a Grill replacement.  Remove the Dash Plaque, sell it on Ebay for about $75.

I think I’d rather sale as a whole. 

42,000 miles (I got it with 13000 miles in 2014). New tires. Amazing car to drive down the highway. I’m only gonna ask what I owe on the loan which is $11,000. It does need some tlc on interior (cheap leather seams). When my bro in law drove it for a couple of months, he went to wash it and used the scrubber on the paint ?. So there are fine line spider web marks on there. Other than the mechanically it is an amazing vehicle. So if anyone is interested or knows anyone that may be let me know. Thank you 

2F06E73E-D5B7-4DAB-8A22-66646E7FCAD0.jpeg

Edited by jjm