TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07SGT Random Questions

Big Al

I'm new to the Shelby world and glad to be a part of it.  I have a couple questions that I bet can be answered here.

1. How can I get the trim and lettering that goes behind the front wheel?  Mine is marred on one side and I would like to replace it.

2.  Does anyone know how I can get the magazines that featured this car on the cover (I think) with the reviews?  I think I saw a Car and Driver and maybe Road and Track?  I looked on the magazine websites and really couldn't find a way to get old issues.  I'm not even sure which month it would have been.  I saw a photo of an 07SGT for sale online that had copies laying in the trunk, but that was months ago.  That perked me up to try to find my own copies.

Thanks for any help.

I assume you’re speaking about the “Powered By Ford” fender badge?  If so you could contact Shelby or keep an eye out on ebay. There is a flat smaller version that often comes up for sale, ignore those. 

As for the magazines you can sometimes find them for sake by members or eBay. 

Good luck!

$39?  No way I would buy those.  Fine for a teenager’s clone/poser car but not a real SGT.

If you go to the pinned Stripes thread you will find what you seek, color, material, fonts. Any decent auto graphics house can easily replicate and apply.

Outside of the original scoop the stripes are the most problematic part of owning this car. Do not go cheep on the stripes. The old stripes are often difficult to remove, tips and tricks in the same thread, and the last thing you want is to find yourself in need of replacing them again.

Look for quality 3M or the newer Orcal material. 

IMHO!

Edited by JeffIsHereToo