TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Headers?

Chris Labruzzo

Team...

My first post received several GREAT replies/advice...very excited about joining this community!

Question: first major engine mod..."2011+ Shelby 1 7/8" x 3" Exhaust System W/Cats" (from the Shelby Store).

I have a 2012 Shelby GT500 convertible and I want to add more power!

I was thinking of improving the Exhaust System with long tube headers, which I can follow with a pulley swap and retune in the future.

Experiences, pitfalls, gotchas...general thoughts...worth it?

My goal is to put 600hp to the wheels without going nuts.

I figure start with the exhaust system which will allegedly add 40rwhp/rwtq alone (per the Shelby Parts Store write up) and the car will breath better!

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Welcome to TS.

If you go to the GT500 section you will find years and years of tried and true mods. You are also better off posting your questions in the GT500 section. You can also use the search function for specific topics such as "GT500 headers " GT500 pulleys" "tunes", etc

12 hours ago, Chris Labruzzo said:

Team...

My first post received several GREAT replies/advice...very excited about joining this community!

Question: first major engine mod..."2011+ Shelby 1 7/8" x 3" Exhaust System W/Cats" (from the Shelby Store).

I have a 2012 Shelby GT500 convertible and I want to add more power!

I was thinking of improving the Exhaust System with long tube headers, which I can follow with a pulley swap and retune in the future.

Experiences, pitfalls, gotchas...general thoughts...worth it?

My goal is to put 600hp to the wheels without going nuts.

I figure start with the exhaust system which will allegedly add 40rwhp/rwtq alone (per the Shelby Parts Store write up) and the car will breath better!

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

If you add a tune & change the pulley with the headers you will be close to your goal.