TEAM SHELBY FORUM

annoying rattle

I havea 2017 GT350 with just over 3000km on it. It's fantastic and I love it dearly. The car has developed an annoying rattle issue a few weeks ago. The sound seems to be coming from the drivers side door panel / instrument cluster area. It doesn't start happening until you hit about 80km/h (50mph). I live out in the country and have to travel down a few uneven roads to get home, although I'm very careful with bumps, I'm thinking that something has loosened up. I used to work for a high-end car audio shop and I'm comfortable removing car interior/trim, so I've checked inside the door panel and under the steering wheel area. Any loose cables have been tied up. BUT the rattle persists and I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem or if anyone has any ideas.  Thanks!

The problem turned out to be the rocker panel on the drivers side. The first two pushpins that hold it on the car (closest to the front wheel) had worked themselves loose and then the whole panel would shake a little at 50mph making the rattle sound. As it's really close to the door panel, it made it seem like the rattle was coming from inside the car. Anyway, I guess I need to check the push pins on a regular basis. 

• 3 weeks later...