TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Average insurance price

There are a lot of variables: is it a daily driver; do you track it; how many miles per year do you drive it; what kind of coverage do you want; is it garaged etc, etc. I searched and researched for my 2011 GT350 and found American Modern to be the best coverage and easiest to deal with, and I get to pick the miles I drive. I can also call them and up the miles for any given year if I'm going to an event for example. About $650/year now that I'm in TX.

SGT driven less than 5,000 miles a year, listed as a seasonal driver, State Farm charges me $700 a year. 

Living in the People's Republic of Chicago doesn't help even though I rarely drive it and never park it out of my sight. 

I happen to agree with some of the comments on these posts!   In today's world there are so many different variables that can affect your insurance rate!  Like, for example the area, (crime rate)-(traffic)-(weather conditions)-(high rate claim area)-(driving record)-(credit rating)-(insured rate)-(miles used) and this is only a few of what they could use to determine your rate!  And, also the replacement cost of said vehicle.   So I think you can understand why it would be very hard for you to determine a guess on the average of what we fellow members pay for our insurance!    There's just to many variables involved!    F.Y.I.   Also check Haggerty, and Grundee  collector car insurance rates!

Good luck with your search!:)

"MONGOOSE"    :peelout:

I went from $1600/year in one of the worst zip codes for insurance in LA to an average of $70/ month ($840/year) by switching to Metromile. I drive a little less than before, taking my motorcycle to work even if there's a slight chance of getting rained on.

Hi Bishop, as everyone has said, a lot depends on location etc. I'm with Nationwide and currently pay $854.00 per year with a multi car discount. A couple months ago I inquired about reduced rates since I don't put many miles on the Shelby. I signed up for their Smart Drive discount. They put a monitor on your car ( actually you plug it into the diagnostic plug) for 90 days. It monitors your mileage, night driving minutes (midnight to 5am) idling time and sudden acceleration and braking (I know!). Anyway, it's good for up to a 40% discount. If you're like me and don't drive much in the winter months, sign up in December and in March your good for a year. I'll let you know in about 55 more days how it worked out. The plus is you may get a great discount and they CAN'T raise your rates due to Smart Drive results.

I just insured mine through Grundy for $439 a year. Less than 2500 annual miles driven, non-Daily driver and I gave them an insured value above what I paid for the car. I also live in rural OK so that probably cheapens it some. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just switched today from Grundys to Hagerty.  2007 SGT, unlimited miles. Zero deduct comp. & coll. ....... $700 year. 

Although its “parade, car show” style insurance, they do NOT request periodic odo readings like some other company’s do. 

I just got a quote today from Hagerty for a 2008 SGT I’m looking to buy. They had a package with 5000 miles per year. Coverage limits are 100/300/100. I can’t drive it to work daily (not an issue....I work from home).  I can use it for pleasure driving and use it around town....just not daily driver use. Agreed value at $25,000. Price was quoted at 640.00 per year. State Farm quoted me $940.00 per year for same coverage, no useage restrictions, but no agreed value.

Kevin

10 hours ago, kevin said:

I just got a quote today from Hagerty for a 2008 SGT I’m looking to buy. They had a package with 5000 miles per year. Coverage limits are 100/300/100. I can’t drive it to work daily (not an issue....I work from home).  I can use it for pleasure driving and use it around town....just not daily driver use. Agreed value at $25,000. Price was quoted at 640.00 per year. State Farm quoted me $940.00 per year for same coverage, no useage restrictions, but no agreed value.

Kevin

Where do I sign ???? :happyfeet: