TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bonham's Auction Featuring 23 Vehicles Owned By Carroll Shelby

ForumAdmin

On 5/25/2018 at 10:04 AM, groop said:

Sad really.  It's all the cars that we saw on Saturday that were behind the velvet rope.  Not sure why there is any urgency to separate this collection and remove it from Gardena

I guess it depends on how you look at the sale of these vehicles as to whether it is sad or not. I for one do not think it is sad. I am sure it is expensive to maintain, store and pay taxes and insurance on all those vehicles. Carroll always said built his cars to be driven, so in that line of thought, I think it is great that these vehicles are being offered out in to the public for people to enjoy. It’s likely some will go to other collectors/museums, but some will go in to the hands of people that may actually drive them or take them to car shows for others to enjoy. The other upside is hopefully it raises fund for Carroll’s Foundation.

None of us really know what drives the decisions made since Carroll's passing and at times it may be perplexing to the general public, but hopefully they have people in place that are doing their best to keep his company and legacy alive.

Edited by mhr1961
spelling