TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

I too have been on here for a very long time. I’ve seen the site come and go (with members), and change over time. It’s the nature of specialty car ownership. Guys buy and sell their toys and fall out of love with some and move on. 

There are a lot of us that have remained on the site for MORE than the cars. And I too always believed there was the Non Automotive area for those of us, or for anyone frankly, that wants to discuss fresh or current topics. I suspect we ALL know right from wrong on Internet forums , and do NOT even need a set of written rules. 

It’s become unfortunate of late that the site underwent this “transition” as it’s been described. Heck, I left for a bit. Didn’t like the new format. But then Keith and  a couple other guys let me know this new format is only temporary. So, I came back. And now I’ve found many new guys that are once again making it fun to come on  and  talk about cars AND other things that car guys enjoy. 

All I wanna say guys, is please let’s not pi$$ off the ownership of the site. I’ve been here for 12 years this month. I’ve made tons of friends here in the Team Shelby community.....even met a few. But this is a great form of communication for an old dude that refuses to Facebook. We had fun for a very long time and were able to keep it clean and civil. Let’s keep it that way fellas! If TS kicks us all off “one brick at a time”, it will be the end of an era, and none of us wants that. 

BB

:backtotopic: 

Edit- PS, I’m even trying to do my part to grow up.....I kicked the tricycle outta my avatar! :lol: 

Proud to have met you Chris!

Anton

11 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Well said Andrew..........I was sent a PM saying we were going to be gotten rid of one brick at a time...nice huh?

This post I posted is WRONG!!!..I was WRONG!!...I totally miss understood the PM that was sent to me reading it again calmly I see it

wasn't a threat by the person that sent me the PM at all....again my apologies if anyone was offended by this post.

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

This post I posted is WRONG!!!..I was WRONG!!...I totally miss understood the PM that was sent to me reading it again calmly I see it

wasn't a threat by the person that sent me the PM at all....again my apologies if anyone was offended by this post.

:club:

:petting:

:grouphug:

4 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Maybe they shoulda sent it in French ? :shrug: 

5 hours ago, svtkeith said:

So, what did they say about it??

Off topic... Andrew - By chance were you at the Whitewater Center in Charlotte with your car a few days ago?  I saw one like yours with a bike rack on top when I came out of the trails.  

Back on topic - I guess they want to just keep everything clean, avoid controversial topics, and try to keep the trolls away.  Stick to Shelby and car topics with respect for others and you'll be within the posting guidelines.

5 hours ago, ViperNC said:

Off topic... Andrew - By chance were you at the Whitewater Center in Charlotte with your car a few days ago?  I saw one like yours with a bike rack on top when I came out of the trails.  

Back on topic - I guess they want to just keep everything clean, avoid controversial topics, and try to keep the trolls away.  Stick to Shelby and car topics with respect for others and you'll be within the posting guidelines.

Was not, but do make it to Charlotte on occasion, mainly for their airport :)

21 hours ago, ViperNC said:

Viper,

I hear what you're saying. But you know, many times I've seen items, in their appropriate topic locations, that weren't Shelby related nor were they specifically car topics. But they were topics that appealed to a vast number of TS members. Some were military related and we know there are a vast number of TS members with military backgrounds or family members. Others were current affairs that might or might not have some tangential relationship to cars but again were appealing to our members. How do I know? Because I've met many of them at outings, Bash's and events. I've also read thousands of their postings on this site and the Shelby Facebook pages. 

I know that we have injected some humor into this thread but as I sit back and reread it, it causes me some concern. I understand that any site must be maintained in a civil manner unless it's designed and designated to be otherwise. And that someone has to be the hall monitor.  But this site seems to be going into an area of censorship that I'm not sure is healthy for the forum. The forum itself has a category for other topics- non-automotive. Over the years there have been a myriad of postings there that have had nothing to do with TS, SAI, or cars in general. Some were even pretty irreverent, but never censored. I can understand keeping politics and religion out of our forum, those are highly personal and very combustible topics.

But if we become so fenced in that we can't enjoy ourselves here, and let's face it, that's why most of us drop by, for the enjoyment, then I'm afraid many of us will fade away. I truly hope there isn't some new big brother or sister sitting behind the curtain making arbitrary decisions.

Just sayin'........

John

Edited by SoCalSGT

Personally, I think any topic should be able to be discussed, as long as everyone acts like adults and has a civil conversation.  If someone can't have a civil discussion then they should stay out of the topic.  I can't remember anything that really went off the rails and had people attacking others.  An occasional bad comment here and there, but nothing horrible.  But since it seems we don't know what topics aren't allowed, it makes it harder.

1 hour ago, SoCalSGT said:

Viper,

I hear what you're saying. But you know, many times I've seen items, in their appropriate topic locations, that weren't Shelby related nor were they specifically car topics. But they were topics that appealed to a vast number of TS members. Some were military related and we know there are a vast number of TS members with military backgrounds or family members. Others were current affairs that might or might not have some tangential relationship to cars but again were appealing to our members. How do I know? Because I've met many of them at outings, Bash's and events. I've also read thousands of their postings on this site and the Shelby Facebook pages. 

I know that we have injected some humor into this thread but as I sit back and reread it, it causes me some concern. I understand that any site must be maintained in a civil manner unless it's designed and designated to be otherwise. And that someone has to be the hall monitor.  But this site seems to be going into an area of censorship that I'm not sure is healthy for the forum. The forum itself has a category for other topics- non-automotive. Over the years there have been a myriad of postings there that have had nothing to do with TS, SAI, or cars in general. Some were even pretty irreverent, but never censored. I can understand keeping politics and religion out of our forum, those are highly personal and very combustible topics.

But if we become so fenced in that we can't enjoy ourselves here, and let's face it, that's why most of us drop by, for the enjoyment, then I'm afraid many of us will fade away. I truly hope there isn't some new big brother or sister sitting behind the curtain making arbitrary decisions.

Just sayin'........

John

John, that my friend is a well thought out and spot on observation of what has been going on....well said! :thumbsup: 

21 hours ago, SoCalSGT said:

Viper,

Just sayin'........

John

Very well said John and totally agree with you.....I've been here going on 13 years and trust me we've already lost way to many good people

some of who I met in person and all were the salt of the earth people...yes we all are here because of the love of Shelby vehicles but like you say we

also have many other interests that we can chat about that don't involve cars.

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:28 AM, SoCalSGT said:

Viper,

Just sayin'........

John

Absolutely agree with you.  I was only speculating as to what the moderators intentions are with the rules.  Frankly, I come on here less and less these days due to lack of interesting topics and discussions.  Or maybe I've just lost some interest with forums in general.  Who knows...

3 hours ago, ViperNC said:

Absolutely agree with you.  I was only speculating as to what the moderators intentions are with the rules.  Frankly, I come on here less and less these days due to lack of interesting topics and discussions.  Or maybe I've just lost some interest with forums in general.  Who knows...

Did you ever find a track car Blake?

To all you fellow members:  I'm a relative newbie to these forums compared to some of you but I really enjoy interacting with fellow team members in all the numerous forums!  I've become acquainted with members who have similar interests as my own and I look forward to continuing to share the camaraderie!   :)

Later!

"MONGOOSE"     :peelout:

I used to contribute here since 2006.  I poured many many hours into "how to" threads.  I was a Mod when the site was called "Stangs Unleashed. Then continued on as a mod up until a couple years ago until they fired me and did not even bother to tell me. When I asked "Why", I was told that TS was shifting to have Regional guys be the mods so they would step up to the plate. Was told it was the new model for the forum.

So now I very rarely even visit the site for the last couple years.

Grabber,

I remember it well. And learned a lot from those How To threads when I was new to the Shelby world. Seems so long ago..............remember when we used to have sig pictures?

John

19 hours ago, Grabber said:

I used to contribute here since 2006.  I poured many many hours into "how to" threads.  I was a Mod when the site was called "Stangs Unleashed. Then continued on as a mod up until a couple years ago until they fired me and did not even bother to tell me. When I asked "Why", I was told that TS was shifting to have Regional guys be the mods so they would step up to the plate. Was told it was the new model for the forum.

So now I very rarely even visit the site for the last couple years.

Grabber, I am not blowing smoke up your skirt when I say that for years and years YOU felt like the face of Team Shelby. You were more relevant on here and cared more about all of our experiences, than any other single member, buddy! :salute: 

I know I speak for a lot of members....some gone forever, and many still here, when  I say THANK YOU for all of your hours of hard work and input!!! 

It DID NOT GO UNNOTICED.....PERIOD! 

Grasshopper

COMPLETELY AGREE CHRIS!

Grabber, I still remember and cherish the conversion we had over lunch at the airport waiting to leave the 50th Bash in 2012... You've always been caring, and relevant, which can be pretty hard to pull off!

Anton

Edited by Cougster

Guest markham51
3 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Grabber, I am not blowing smoke up your skirt when I say that for years and years YOU felt like the face of Team Shelby. You were more relevant on here and cared more about all of our experiences, than any other single member, buddy! :salute: 

I know I speak for a lot of members....some gone forever, and many still here, when  I say THANK YOU for all of your hours of hard work and input!!! 

It DID NOT GO UNNOTICED.....PERIOD! 

Grasshopper

PLUS 1!

Mark