TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Black dust on front of supercharger?? Belt alignment?

I bought a 2010 Shelby GT500 with about 11K on it and modified it at 13K with a bunch of options. One option was a VMP 2.5 SC pulley and 90mm pulley. I now have almost 18K on it and noticed when cleaning the engine compartment that there was some black dust on the underneath body of the vertical front of the SC. It seemed like black dust but did smear some when I tried to clean it. I am going to use a mirror in the morning to see if there is any oil or residue near the edge of the inside of the SC pulley to make sure the snout is not leaking any oil.

My question is...I remember when installing the pulley I actually pressed it on a little too tight and could not turn the SC so I backed it off some. I don't recall reading anything that really talked about belt alignment when I installed the pulley other than aligning the front edge of the pulley with the front of the SC shaft if I recall.  Now I am wondering if I am causing belt wearing which may be the the issue. I only see the black dust in this one location on the SC front.

My question is....is there a tool for alignment or should I try using something like a laser pen and see if I am slightly in or out too much?

Thanks