TEAM SHELBY FORUM

9th Annual “Snakes at the Lake” Tahoe Cruise – Saturday June 30, 2018

SVT NAJA

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:52 PM, jill_DubsAroundtheLake said:

DEVASTATED is more like it.  But yes, very sad.  Passing you guys has been a highlight not just for me but for everyone on our trip.  You can't talk about our event without the Shelby club coming into the conversation.  It just won't be the same.  Next year we'll get on the same day again.  Hope you all have a fantastic time on your cruise.  

jill

State Route 49 Vdubs

Dubs Around the Lake 8

Luv the VW's  Glad you posted on this site.  While I am a Ford guy, I also have a passion for the VW & 914's.  

Edited by H0050

21 minutes ago, H0050 said:

Luv the VW's  Glad you posted on this site.  While I am a Ford guy, I also have a passion for the VW & 914's.  

My best friend in college (and my best man at our wedding 43 years ago last week) had a Bug.  We rebuilt his engine in about 4 hours one afternoon in Dr. Green's physics shop.   Bill passed away from colon cancer is the reason we are so pro-screening.  His lesson saved my wife's life.

Edited by twobjshelbys

Great job Jimmy C

51 cars and counting!

Another SATL, and another year of scheduling conflict. I look forward to seeing the pix and video

One year I will make it....

Don't feel bad for me though, I'll be heading to Europe, for some work, some family visits, and some car playtime including driving the Ford of Europe proving grounds (in a 2008 GT500KR)  at Lommel Belgium, and attending the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK!

Motor on!

On 6/2/2018 at 9:22 PM, Cali_KR said:

Great job Jimmy C

51 cars and counting!

Another SATL, and another year of scheduling conflict. I look forward to seeing the pix and video

One year I will make it....

Don't feel bad for me though, I'll be heading to Europe, for some work, some family visits, and some car playtime including driving the Ford of Europe proving grounds (in a 2008 GT500KR)  at Lommel Belgium, and attending the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK!

Motor on!

Tom,

Mark your calendar. The 10th Annual "Snakes at the Lake" Tahoe Cruise, Car Show and BBQ will be held on Saturday June 22nd, 2019. lol

Have a great trip to Europe and post up some pics! Photobucket is back in business and old threads have been lit up.

Here's the SATL-1 thread (16k+ views) with some great pictures starting on page 7...

Best,

Jim

12 hours ago, badwolf said:

just signed up!

Eddie,

It's great that you and your family can join us this year for SATL-9.

Looking forward to seeing your new GT350!

See you in Old Town Sacramento on Saturday June 30th! 

Best,

Jim

On 6/6/2018 at 12:15 AM, 2011SHELBYGT500CONV said:

Jim,

Just sent in donation. Looking forward to this. I wanted to do this ever since I joined in 2011. See everyone soon!

Tom and Dorene

Tom and Dorene,

Welcome aboard!

It's always great to have several first timers along with us for each SATL.

We look forward to meeting you in Old Town Sacramento on Saturday June 30th.

Best,

Jim

On 6/8/2018 at 10:11 AM, Stu Casteel said:

If anyone is interested several of us are meeting at Casa de Fruta Friday at 10:00am for the run to Old Town 

Stu,

Thanks for organizing some of the South Bay members for the trip to Sacramento on Friday.

I understand several members are making dinner reservations at the Firehouse in OTS on Friday evening.

https://www.firehouseoldsac.com

See you on the 30th!

Best,

Jim

On 6/10/2018 at 7:17 PM, Michael Rojas said:

Registration paid. Looking forward to another run up to the Lake. Had a great time last year!

Michael,

It's really great that you 2 can join us again this year for SATL-9.

We'll see you in Old Town Sac on June 30th!

Best,

Jim 

On 6/2/2018 at 8:40 PM, twobjshelbys said:

My best friend in college (and my best man at our wedding 43 years ago last week) had a Bug.  We rebuilt his engine in about 4 hours one afternoon in Dr. Green's physics shop.   Bill passed away from colon cancer is the reason we are so pro-screening.  His lesson saved my wife's life.

Tony,

Great story and an important reminder to members to see your medical provider for an annual check-up. Thanks!

Best,

Jim

PS: Have you considered firing up your Gulf FGT and joining us for SATL-9 in Tahoe? It would be great to have you with us!

22 hours ago, SVT NAJA said:

Stu,

Thanks for organizing some of the South Bay members for the trip to Sacramento on Friday.

I understand several members are making dinner reservations at the Firehouse in OTS on Friday evening.

https://www.firehouseoldsac.com

See you on the 30th!

Best,

Jim

Thanks Jim,

But Brad (Elkhorn) takes credit - all I did was pass it along to the group :)

There is also http://www.fannyannsaloon.com/ for the more casual crowd

See you!

Edited by Stu Casteel

Hey Jim-

Sorry we will miss you this year:(

We have enjoyed this the past 5 years, and we look forward to it every year! We always enjoy seeing our friends from the North!

Unfortunately this year since it was moved back, we will be doing the Team Shelby Europe Trip! We will post pix from over the pond, and have already put this on the schedule for next year! Can’t wait to see you all then!

Dave & Kim

42 minutes ago, DG Shelby said:

Hey Jim-

Sorry we will miss you this year:(

We have enjoyed this the past 5 years, and we look forward to it every year! We always enjoy seeing our friends from the North!

Unfortunately this year since it was moved back, we will be doing the Team Shelby Europe Trip! We will post pix from over the pond, and have already put this on the schedule for next year! Can’t wait to see you all then!

Dave & Kim

Dave & Kim

We'll miss you 2 also, but a Team Shelby trip to Europe, that's exciting stuff!!!

Next year, we'll be back on our regular day (Saturday June 22nd) for SATL-10 and passing the V-Dubs as we head north along the west shore!

Have a great trip and post up lots of pics!

Best,

Jim

OK, so we're less than 2 weeks away from SATL-9 and we've had a great response so far with over 70 cars and just as many guests signed up.

There are now less than 10 spaces available to reserve and registration closes next week. Weather forecast for Tahoe on the 30th looks great in the mid-70's.

If you plan on joining us for a great day on the road to the Sierras and at the lake, it's time to get signed up!

Here is the registration link: https://www.gofundme.com/9th-annual-snakes-at-the-lake

Any question, please email me at: svtnaja.tspcr@gmail.com

Edited by SVT NAJA

5 hours ago, Fat Boss said:

Jim- I finally found out I have that weekend free.  I'm signed up +1.  My partner in crime Marty should be signing up momentarily.  

Andy,

It's great that your schedule worked out this year!

Looking forward to having the 2 of you (and Marty, your partner in crime) along with us for SATL-9. 

Are you heading up to OTS on Friday, or meeting me in Concord early Saturday?

Best,

Jim

14 hours ago, Fat Boss said:

Jim-

I'm not sure yet.  Marty is going to see what his schedule looks like.  

Andy

Andy,

10-4...  

I'll post up the details next week, but I want to move things up 15 minutes this year so we get out of OTS by 8:30am.

Ultimately, I want to get past Tahoe City before the lunch hour starts and into Tahoe Vista by noon.

Best,

Jim 

10 hours ago, DarkestCon said:

Thanks Jim!

Just paid registration. Had a blast two years ago, can't wait to meet everyone again!

Karun,

It's great to have you back with us again this year! See you in OTS on Saturday, June 30th.

Best,

Jim

Is there a cut off as to the number that can register for the event?  I see the list numbers to 80, so I am wondering if 80 is it or 6/24 whatever hits first.

I'm going down to the wire with the car still at the dealer getting fixed...  

2 hours ago, Wingrider said:

Is there a cut off as to the number that can register for the event?  I see the list numbers to 80, so I am wondering if 80 is it or 6/24 whatever hits first.

I'm going down to the wire with the car still at the dealer getting fixed...  

Doug,

PM sent...

Best,

Jim