TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where to road race in Tampa area

Poppadeizal

• 2 weeks later...

There's a popular performance driving group  here in FL called PDG - Performance Driving Group.

Their next event is at Sebring, June 17. http://performancedrivinggroup.com/product/june-17th-2018-sebring-international-raceway/

This is a good way to get introduced to driving on a race track. I race a 1965 GT350R clone with SCCA, HSR, and SVRA. I'm an instructor for PDG. Sebring is the closest dedicated racetrack to Tampa.

• 1 month later...

There is also The Firm, up north of Gainesville.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/thefirmtrackdays/?multi_permalinks=1143129032492704&notif_id=1533032248777532&notif_t=group_activity

Been there a few times, planning to go with a group of gt350 and Gt350R's around Sept 1, not sure of detail yet as their schedule is not published yet

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wish I would have seen this post sooner. We are in Orlando but put on a fantastic event at Daytona every year in December. Unfortunately it was 2 weeks ago. I also attend Sebring and hope to make the Firm soon. Check out Motorsports Reg.com if you have not already. A great resource. 

On 9/19/2018 at 3:29 AM, DutchGT500 said:

Fowler Ave

Fowler Ave? ;)

That is funny. I used to live in Tampa,  and yeah,  certain sections of Fowler Ave are places that if you are cruising your Shelby then some Honda Civic or Subaru will pull up beside you and start revving ........

Edited by mhr1961