TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What We've Done So Far

Just got the Steeda (non logo) hood strut brackets (that one mod is worth it's weight in gold) and my strut tower brace back from the powder coater.

Just got the GT500 "entirely" new scuff plates and sill inserts put in. (not going to ebay mine like some people are doing. when someone calls and wants advice on buying a used GT500, the first thing I'm going to tell them is, if it has the dash plaque and no sill plates...it's should $5000 off. :finger: )

Got a little Steeda bling going on. Rad cover, strut tower cover, strut bolt covers (what a rip off, but they look good) And the new painted mirror covers.

Post some pics of your mods, if it's tires and wheels, be sure to state the wheel and tire size, and what springs you lowered with!

Under-the-Hood-707-001.jpg

Under-the-Hood-707-005.jpg

Scuff-Plates-GT500-Installe.jpg

New-Mirror-Covers-003.jpg

Here's how I store OEM parts.

Sealed-OEM-Parts-001.jpg

Sealed-OEM-Parts-003.jpg

Sealed-OEM-Parts-004.jpg

I've had the car a week now and have changed

mufflers installed(2nd day)

3.73 gears, Dash plaque, sill plates and assorted clothing ordered (2nd day)

Clay bar & Meguires (3rd day)

CAI, pulley, tensioner and tune ordered and picking up Friday (9th day) & installing Saturday

Mods to come

Eibach pro kit, Lower control arms, 3.73 install,

I just got off the phone with Eibach and they said they will be offering a coil-over kit for the GT500 that has height adjustment and full shock adjustment with remote fluid.

I was going to do the springs, but may wait for the coil-over system.

Hope this helps.

Here are a few of my mods........side blacked out, rear blacked out, shorty antenna, shelby letter spacing rear deck lid, 2.65" reichart pulley, predator tune, steeda CAI, razor wheels and nitto tires...........oh ya and my ipod... :headspin::headspin::headspin::headspin::headspin:

Here are a few of my mods........side blacked out, rear blacked out, shorty antenna, shelby letter spacing rear deck lid, 2.65" reichart pulley, predator tune, steeda CAI, razor wheels and nitto tires...........oh ya and my ipod... :headspin::headspin::headspin::headspin::headspin:

I need more picture storage, what do I do? :banghead::banghead:

TexasShelby,

Good ideas! I'm planning on getting the Steeda hood struts as well. Could you give me some detail about

"the GT500 "entirely" new scuff plates and sill inserts?" Thanks

CC

I got the Shelby GT500 sill plates with the signed dash plaque. I ordered new plastic scuff plates from Ford, placed the new sill plates on them and installed them. I removed the entire OEM SVT scuff plate assemebly, tagged them, sealed them and put them away.

PM if you plan on buying new plastic scuff plates and I'll send you the part numbers you need. They are 24.37 each.

Hope this helps.

I got the Shelby GT500 sill plates with the signed dash plaque. I ordered new plastic scuff plates from Ford, placed the new sill plates on them and installed them. I removed the entire OEM SVT scuff plate assemebly, tagged them, sealed them and put them away.

PM if you plan on buying new plastic scuff plates and I'll send you the part numbers you need. They are 24.37 each.

Hope this helps.

Could you post the scuff plate #'s here please. Thank you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info, your car looks great!

CC

Could you post the scuff plate #'s here please. Thank you.

Not a problem on the numbers...

Left side is 5R3Z6313208CAC

Right side is 5R3Z6313209CAC

When you get them, they will be all plastic and have MUSTANG stamped where the new sill plates go. Be sure to wipe the area well with rubbing alcohol before installing the stainless plates.

The old scuff plates just snap off and out, they have adhesive on the outboard portion...Keep the seal tape from the New plates adhesive strips to put on the OEM SVT adhesive, to keep it fresh and from sticking to anything. And you can use the they came in to seal up the old ones like I did in Post 1 of this thread.

Hope this helps.

MSMAP, I got that from Mr Grabber himself. I think he had his painted to match that sexy color he has...I really like it. I had the brace and the brackets for the hood strut mod powder coated, they did it in an "appliance" white and it's so close, I didn't worry with trying to match it exactly. Now I'm looking around the car wondering what else I can powder coat. :happy feet:

I got the Corsa's on, and the Centered letters.

I got the mirror covers and shorty antenna.

I got the dash plaque of course!

And the sill plates.

I put the upgraged foot pedals on.

Shelby carmats with shaker mat.

Cobra mats too.

Steeda custom painted hood bracket & struts

:huh:

Was I suppose to cut back?

I cut the pixy stix down to nothing!

Grabber,

No, not if you like pictures that much... :hysterical2::hysterical2: It's just a lot of pictures... Watch out the picture police are watching... :ninja: :hysterical2:

Stuart

Grabber,

No, not if you like pictures that much... :hysterical2::hysterical2: It's just a lot of pictures... Watch out the picture police are watching... :ninja: :hysterical2:

Stuart

So who polices the pitcher police????? :hysterical2:

Not counting the dash plaque (which I am not going to mention, at all, because some otherwise sane folks on here get downright medieval if you say "dash plaque," or "I got mine," or "hang in there," so I won't say anything about my really. cool. dash. plaque. The one signed by the man himself. Nice and straight. With my vin number on it.

Ahem. Back to topic. Here is a snap of my one and only mod...(unfortunately, it's not a factory color!) The install was trickier than one might expect. Not just anyone could have done it, you know...

:hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical:

dash plaque DASH PLAQUE d a s h p l a q u e

post-6240-1183810906_thumb.jpg

post-6240-1183810906_thumb.jpg

Not counting the dash plaque (which I am not going to mention, at all, because some otherwise sane folks on here get downright medieval if you say "dash plaque," or "I got mine," or "hang in there," so I won't say anything about my really. cool. dash. plaque. The one signed by the man himself. Nice and straight. With my vin number on it.

Ahem. Back to topic. Here is a snap of my one and only mod...(unfortunately, it's not a factory color!) The install was trickier than one might expect. Not just anyone could have done it, you know...

:hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical:

dash plaque DASH PLAQUE d a s h p l a q u e

NICE MOD. However you may have over paid, I read somewhere that Steeda and Roush were offering a simular package and could be a little less expensive. Question about the install, did you use a slip knot? Not sure a slip knot can handle the HP. And finally, have you experienced any wheel hop since installing this mod? :hysterical::hysterical2:

DJ

NICE MOD. However you may have over paid, I read somewhere that Steeda and Roush were offering a simular package and could be a little less expensive. Question about the install, did you use a slip knot? Not sure a slip knot can handle the HP. And finally, have you experienced any wheel hop since installing this mod? :hysterical::hysterical2:

DJ

Yes, these were very significant considerations. At maximum torque, you really want to go with the stevedore knot on your air freshener.

Wheel hop has been minimal. Just a lingering smell of vanilla upon launch.

I love the smell of [vanilla?] in the morning.

:hysterical2:

post-6240-1183826005_thumb.jpg

post-6240-1183826005_thumb.jpg

Archived