TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Guest markham51

In the previous video posted, How can that youtuber  claim he set a world record with a 10.665 at 132.96 in his GT500 ......when there was a guy that ran a 10.614 at 133.21 mph in a 2020 GT500 in Bradenton Florida a month ago? 

https://youtu.be/KEsted6S8kg

Edited by mhr1961

10 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

In the previous video posted, How can that youtuber  claim he set a world record with a 10.665 at 132.96 in his GT500 ......when there was a guy that ran a 10.614 at 133.21 mph in a 2020 GT500 in Bradenton Florida a month ago? 

And who really cares?...only you apparently...what's wrong you jealous of the kid?....if you watched the video you'd see it's not the kid

that said it it was a guy standing in the background and big deal anyway I think the kid done great and the whole point was that he did

this near world record run the first time at the track with the car...again who cares besides you.

13 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

Speed Phenom is claiming that he has the record for a production GT500 while Evan Smith's run was with a pre-production vehicle. 

On 12/5/2019 at 8:45 AM, Secondo said:

Speed Phenom is claiming that he has the record for a production GT500 while Evan Smith's run was with a pre-production vehicle. 

Thank you for the clarification and intelligently answering my question.. I didn't catch that the Bradenton Car was pre production, the Title said it was a stock mustang.

Edited by mhr1961

20 hours ago, Captain Beyond said:

This car was built by Ford. Shelby had nothing to do with it.

But it did get massive performance upgrades from the Mustang GT, regardless of who did them.  That's why it doesn't seem like a 'stock' Mustang to me.

31 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

I’ll be getting an old tired, long in tooth Challenger, LONG before a new GT500. 👊

Sounds like a plan BB, whatever trips your trigger bud!!      :peelout:

19 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Oh no WAY!!!.....Ford really paid C/D off...lies lies lies all of it!!!!!!…………..:hysterical2:

Then Ford really wasted their money, cuz they didn't inflate the numbers enough to make them unrealistic.

• 5 weeks later...

I just did a YouTube search for the 2020 GT500 and limited the search to uploads for the past week. On the first page there were three videos with issues on the cars. 

1. Engine light comes on - misfires over 4,000 rpm 70 miles on the car

2.  Clutch overheating after two passes on the drag strip.  

3. Rod knock with 4 miles on the car. 

Not a good start. 

8 hours ago, sheppd01 said:

I just did a YouTube search for the 2020 GT500 and limited the search to uploads for the past week. On the first page there were three videos with issues on the cars. 

Not a good start. 

If true that's not good at all.

9 hours ago, sheppd01 said:

Not a good start. 

1. Click bait from You Tuber he through the code out of mid management of breaking and launch control.

2. SpeedPhenome you tuber he has really been using his car has ran it on at least 4 strips several passes each plus tracked it at least twice already within a month of ownership. Some click bait in this post as he did overheat clutch dragging it but it is designed to through a code and limit torque for safety when it does he tried to slip the DCT for launch to hard code cleared and he has ran it at strip since.

3. this does appear to be a quality control issue out of flat rock but name me a huge manufacturer that’s does not. Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Northrop Grumman, Electric Boat who build Billion dollar weapon systems, aircraft, boats and Submarines have them