TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Original article 2007 GT/SC

SWEDEMAN

Well it goes to show you, the GT/SC is a car to be reckoned with. Those that know what these cars have are getting incredible buying opportunities on them right now. Once all these recently available Shelby American GT/SC cars are sold you may not see any for sale, or very few, in the years to come.

It’s hard to say what an official GT/SC is worth. I own a Shelby GT/SC California , the only one in white with the polished KB, and always wonder what it’s current value might be. I think about selling it at times and purchasing a 350, but I don’t think I can part with such a special car that I have owned for 10 years. My best guess at current value would be between $30 to $40k, depending on condition and mileage.

Nick

2 hours ago, kiskat23 said:

Very cool article thank you for sharing.  What is the current market value for a 07 GT/SC?

The Current value of an SA authentic GT/SC is $35k for a average example up to $42k for a rare low-mile car in new condition, retail value. I sold my 1st Shelby American made GT/SC Whipple with 28k miles for $35k cash,  and had two people fighting over in my garage (pictured below Shelby American Las Vegas).

Once these cars are sold it is unlikely that you’ll find another one, however for the lucky buyer there a few for sale now. Once those are sold it could be a long time before you see another one for sale. 

GT.SC.2007.jpg

Edited by SWEDEMAN

Thank you SWEDEMAN this is super helpful.  That seems to be what I have found on the interwebs.  Looks like Barrett sold a couple in the last 2 years for 38 and 42K in Scottsdale and Vegas. 

I have an opportunity to sell the "Peterson Shelby" for a friend.  Its a black 07 with the Paxton supercharger and was won at auction in May 07 at the Peterson Museum's cars and stars Gala.  It was built as personalized tribute from Carrol to Pete about two months after Mr. Peterson's passing.    It was built with an automatic transmission and has 1650 miles on it and is flawless.  I'm sure the provenance could dramatically affect the price and am looking for advice so any would be greatly appreciated.  

20180223_140040_resized_1 (2).jpg

20180223_135857_resized_1 (2).jpg

21 hours ago, twobjshelbys said:

Less, unfortunately.   The typical buyer doesn't place much value on what the car is. All they see is a modified 10 year old Mustang. 

I think younger people research what they want to buy. I think age has a lot to do with the pulse of the market and saying an old Mustang is an old Mustang is shallow.

The GT/SC is a total value play on the blown Shelby. Get back in the market of these cars.

9 hours ago, kiskat23 said:

Thank you SWEDEMAN this is super helpful.  That seems to be what I have found on the interwebs.  Looks like Barrett sold a couple in the last 2 years for 38 and 42K in Scottsdale and Vegas. 

I have an opportunity to sell the "Peterson Shelby" for a friend.  Its a black 07 with the Paxton supercharger and was won at auction in May 07 at the Peterson Museum's cars and stars Gala.  It was built as personalized tribute from Carrol to Pete about two months after Mr. Peterson's passing.    It was built with an automatic transmission and has 1650 miles on it and is flawless.  I'm sure the provenance could dramatically affect the price and am looking for advice so any would be greatly appreciated.  

20180223_140040_resized_1 (2).jpg

20180223_135857_resized_1 (2).jpg

I would look to Barrett Jackson or Mecham on this car. You'll get a great price on this if advertised correctly as well. .Great car, should bring the right buyer. I think Mecham sold an authentic GT/SC with a taste of provenance for more than that last year.

Good luck.

I have a ten year old “modified Mustang”, in a SALEEN Dan Gurney Eagle tribute. It’s sorta like a Shelby SGT. Sorta........ 4.6 S/C’d with 465 advertised ponies. Probably the only real “extra” upgrade over what Carroll did, is the SALLEN proprietary Watts Link, and big front brakes. 

I kinda like typical buyers NOT placing much value on what my car is. Adds to the mystique, I figger. 

I agree with Dave wholeheartedly....... when these cars are gone, they’re gone. They’re going to end up in the end users (collector’s) garage, and continue to rise in value like the early Paxton cars did. 

None of us have a crystal ball, but it stands to reason with the crazy low production numbers of these cars, that history will repeat itself. 

JMHO

21 minutes ago, SWEDEMAN said:

I would look to Barrett Jackson or Mecham on this car. You'll get a great price on this if advertised correctly as well. .Great car, should bring the right buyer. I think Mecham sold an authentic GT/SC with a taste of provenance for more than that last year.

Good luck.

In any circumstances the highest prices for the Shelby GT depend on a knowledgeable buyer, and at auctions, more than one :)

As I said earlier, for sellers Barrett Jackson seems to get fairly good prices for the Shelby GTs.  It's a crap shoot though as it depends on who is there.  The west coast auctions (Vegas/Scottsdale) do much better with sports/muscle cars than the east coast auctions. 

For buyers, watch Craigs List and eBay.

Edited by twobjshelbys

18 hours ago, twobjshelbys said:

In any circumstances the highest prices for the Shelby GT depend on a knowledgeable buyer, and at auctions, more than one :)

As I said earlier, for sellers Barrett Jackson seems to get fairly good prices for the Shelby GTs.  It's a crap shoot though as it depends on who is there.  The west coast auctions (Vegas/Scottsdale) do much better with sports/muscle cars than the east coast auctions. 

For buyers, watch Craigs List and eBay.As I said earlier, for sellers Barrett Jackson seems to get fairly good prices for the Shelby GTs. 

“It's a crap shoot though as it depends on who is there”, that is the case in any auction.

Anybody who follows auctions knows that statement reflects to every auction, “ it depends on who is there”. I also agree with you that the price one receives at auction depends on where the item is set o sell in the auction. If it is situated to sell on Friday morning,  Sunday morning or Sunday afternoon those items get the lowest prices in the auction. The items, no matter the, kind, make or model,  bring the highest prices on Saturday morning to Saturday evening.  If you take an average auction and put the item for sale on Saturday it will garner up to 40%++ more because the highest bidders and biggest ballers participate the most on Saturdays in all auctions. 

52 minutes ago, SWEDEMAN said:

If it is situated to sell on Friday morning,  Sunday morning or Sunday afternoon those items get the lowest prices in the auction. The items, no matter the, kind, make or model,  bring the highest prices on Saturday morning to Saturday evening.  If you take an average auction and put the item for sale on Saturday it will garner up to 40%++ more because the highest bidders and biggest ballers participate the most on Saturdays in all auctions. 

This is a fact.  You can tell what Barrett Jackson thinks a car will sell for by how it is scheduled.  The auction starts off with entry level stuff in the early days with quality increasing during the day into the late afternoon/evening, and then the higher priced stuff coming in the later days.  The Shelby GT cars used to be Friday afternoon/evening, Saturday afternoon/evening cars.  Now they are very early in the week cars.    If you decide to list a car and get a slot that is in the first day or early morning reconsider...    You can get a rough idea of when a car will roll on any given day by allowing about 3 minutes per vehicle, 5 for a early charity car and 7 to 10 for the big Saturday charity cars. 

Friday and Saturday evening cars are also lesser desired times.    Scottsdale Sunday is not all that hot either.

14 minutes ago, twobjshelbys said:

This is a fact.  You can tell what Barrett Jackson thinks a car will sell for by how it is scheduled.  The auction starts off with entry level stuff in the early days with quality increasing during the day into the late afternoon/evening, and then the higher priced stuff coming in the later days.  The Shelby GT cars used to be Friday afternoon/evening, Saturday afternoon/evening cars.  Now they are very early in the week cars.    If you decide to list a car and get a slot that is in the first day or early morning reconsider...    You can get a rough idea of when a car will roll on any given day by allowing about 3 minutes per vehicle, 5 for a early charity car and 7 to 10 for the big Saturday charity cars. 

Friday and Saturday evening cars are also lesser desired times.    Scottsdale Sunday is not all that hot either.

I have been watching Barrett auctions for some years & it seems that all the people with  money are there on Saturday, as for Sunday a lot of cars sold that day go for a lot less & I believe some sellers take a big loss. 

Thanks to all for your responses guys.  I live about 5 miles from West World and go to Barrett, Russo, RM, & Bonham's every year so I am very familiar with all of the Scottsdale activities in January.   I am meeting with Barrett Jackson when they return from Florida next week.  If I can get it into a Saturday event I might wait.  I'm just trying to determine value now which is tricky between the mileage and provenance.  Anybody know how many of the 43 Paxton factory cars had an automatic?    

How many automatics were done in the 2007 Paxton cars : not sure,  but the number is very L.....O.....W.

Once the ancient program ends :), which it will any day, the numbers will be reflected in the registry. (I know it is a great option for SA’s bank account but these cars are 10-12 years old).

That is maybe why they are not closing the package availability because they’ll have to disclose to the registry how many GT/SC’s will go into the Registry. We all know Registry work is exhausting, tedious and laborious and an expense that does not repay Shelby American in today’s dollars. But an end is in sight 100% for sure.

On 4/10/2018 at 7:51 PM, twobjshelbys said:

Less, unfortunately.   The typical buyer doesn't place much value on what the car is. All they see is a modified 10 year old Mustang. 

Well with a Ford GT as a driver, most cars are not that expensive. 

Can you post some current pic's of your killer Ford GT?  How many miles do you have on it now? 

Thx

2 hours ago, SWEDEMAN said:

Well with a Ford GT as a driver, most cars are not that expensive. 

Can you post some current pic's of your killer Ford GT?  How many miles do you have on it now? 

Thx

Regrettably, with my eyes and back, I can't drive it any more.  It's for sale with about 4900 miles.  It is a great car, and great on the track, but I still have to say the Cobra was my favorite car ever.  The Barrett Jackson Shelby GT/SC was the only toy my wife would drive though.  And she does say we can get a convertible some day, with the current Mustang being a leader.

Edited by twobjshelbys

17 hours ago, twobjshelbys said:

Regrettably, with my eyes and back, I can't drive it any more.  It's for sale with about 4900 miles.  It is a great car, and great on the track, but I still have to say the Cobra was my favorite car ever.  The Barrett Jackson Shelby GT/SC was the only toy my wife would drive though.  And she does say we can get a convertible some day, with the current Mustang being a leader.

Ugh...I’m so sorry to hear that. Those cars are such a great examples of of retro with new technology and awesome appearance.Tony I hope your able to get it out on the road prior to the sale of it.

Thanks for the reply. 

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:49 PM, kiskat23 said:

Thanks to all for your responses guys.  I live about 5 miles from West World and go to Barrett, Russo, RM, & Bonham's every year so I am very familiar with all of the Scottsdale activities in January.   I am meeting with Barrett Jackson when they return from Florida next week.  If I can get it into a Saturday event I might wait.  I'm just trying to determine value now which is tricky between the mileage and provenance.  Anybody know how many of the 43 Paxton factory cars had an automatic?    

kiskat, where do you live? I'm in Scottsdale Mountain. :lurk:

On 4/13/2018 at 8:02 PM, twobjshelbys said:

What do you value the Ford GT now? I’ve seen them on BJ go for $100’s of thousands. I went to your Shelby page and found no current or old pics,  you’ve got to show that GT off, post some pictures if you’re able. 

Hopefully mama will go for a GT350. Could you drive that at 8200++ RPM’s? 

2 minutes ago, SWEDEMAN said:

What do you value the Ford GT now? I’ve seen them on BJ go for $100’s of thousands. I went to your Shelby page and found no current or old pics,  you’ve got to show that GT off, post some pictures if you’re able.

I'm looking for about 450K.  Heritages have been going for 450-525.   There are pics here somewhere, but the Photobucket links might not work any more.