TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GTH on eBay - low price

30K beat on miles in rental service, my guess is high teens is where this should sell due to the mileage, maybe a little higher due to being a Vert.  There are several on Ebay for $30K plus and NONE have bids, the car does not have much demand.  Beautiful car, but dated transmission and tech/interior as well as beat on rental mileage in my opinion is a detractor.

Edited by carnut12

2 hours ago, carnut12 said:

30K beat on miles in rental service, my guess is high teens is where this should sell due to the mileage, maybe a little higher due to being a Vert.  There are several on Ebay for $30K plus and NONE have bids, the car does not have much demand.  Beautiful car, but dated transmission and tech/interior as well as beat on rental mileage in my opinion is a detractor.

I agree and I have an 07 vert myself.

QSS

As long as the public decides to compare the Hertz Shelbys to newer technology they will obviously always suffer by comparison.    Same goes for "beat on rental" stigma.  Then again, so do the 1966 GT350H cars.  Doesn't matter to me and the rest of the die hard enthusiasts that appreciate these cars for what they are/were when they were released.  They are extremely limited historically significant cars.  No more, no less.  You either like them and want to pay for them, or you don't.

7 hours ago, ITHERTZ66 said:

As long as the public decides to compare the Hertz Shelbys to newer technology they will obviously always suffer by comparison.    Same goes for "beat on rental" stigma.  Then again, so do the 1966 GT350H cars.  Doesn't matter to me and the rest of the die hard enthusiasts that appreciate these cars for what they are/were when they were released.  They are extremely limited historically significant cars.  No more, no less.  You either like them and want to pay for them, or you don't.

Well said. I agree...

9 hours ago, ITHERTZ66 said:

If you like them (I do), then they certainly are inexpensive. Mine is a daily driver, so I bet it fits in this lower price category. It's not a GT500, or Hellcat. But, it is an authentic historical Shelby. I won't be selling mine cause I like it too. ?

9 hours ago, ITHERTZ66 said:

I ran into another example years ago. In 1986 I bought a brand new 4 cylinder GLH turbo. Basically a Dodge Omni. Shelby built a version of this, the GLHS. It was fast! On the track it beat the 1966 Shelby Mustang in everything! Astounded everybody. Shelby said something like "of course I built a faster car than 20 years ago". I guess I am saying speed and power are not the only factor  - and I would rather have a 1966 Shelby. ??? 

13 hours ago, ITHERTZ66 said:

Thank You! :hat_tip:

13 hours ago, ITHERTZ66 said:

It reminds me of when I first started going to Shelby meets n the late 70s and early 80s. You couldn't get anyone to talk to you if you had one, and couldn't give them away if you were trying to sell one. My how times change. (Don't even get me started on replica Cobras!)