TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Happy Easter

C'mon! Shame on you, Doc! Don't come in here to insult the faith of a few Christians here on Team Shelby! Besides, we get the Resurrection Day holiday, the "April Fools" day is for non-believers! ("The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God.'" King David, Psalm 14:1)

Sorry guys," but I couldn't resist"!  Like my dear old Dad used to say: Son, " Opinions are like A???? Holes, everyone has one"! LOL  :lol:  This is also my Opinion!:clapping:  

Also too shelby 001, a belated "Happy Easter"  too you and your's and the rest of Team Shelby!  :yahoo:

That's what my Mom told me..........:hysterical:

Thing is with me I'm religious and I'm Christian which means to me you can insult my God as it's your right to do so if you wish....we are better

than muslims that would kill you for insulting their so called God/Allah.....JMO!!!

17 hours ago, tekheavy said:

So you're saying that people who aren't "born again" are going to Hell?

That's what the bible says.  But it was written by men, and rewritten a few dozen times, so to me it's just a work of semi-fiction.

1 hour ago, DrHawkeye said:

That's what the bible says.  But it was written by men, and rewritten a few dozen times, so to me it's just a work of semi-fiction.

Its been carefully translated from the original texts and even verified legitimate from the Dead Sea Scrolls. I wouldn't be going around telling your friends that it isn't. But at this point I'm really not sure anything you say is true doc.

I’m a “mod”, as well as a Christian, and I have been watching this thread with my finger hovering over the button to lock it down if it got abusive or people stated insulting each other.

I keep a lot of my personal opinions to myself, but let me share for s moment...

I feel that in being a Christian, or a person of any faith, you are sometimes called apon to defend your beliefs and stand up for your faith.  Educating others, and evangelizing is part of that.  Not everyone will agree (heck, wars have been fought over religious differences), but the act of debating what I believe deepens my faith and brings me closer to Christ.  You don’t have to believe, but I do.

I encourage the CIVIL AND RESPECTFUL exchanges of opinion on this thread, but my finger remains “on the button”.  Please don’t make me press it.

On 4/6/2018 at 10:07 AM, Secondo said:

Its been carefully translated from the original texts and even verified legitimate from the Dead Sea Scrolls. I wouldn't be going around telling your friends that it isn't. But at this point I'm really not sure anything you say is true doc.

So how did you feel a couple years ago when the powers that be changed Mary from a virgin to just a young girl because they had the translation wrong for the last couple thousand of years?  And why is Christmas on the same day of the year, but Easter uses the Jewish calendar?  Seems like all other deaths in recorded history on a day that didn't change from year to year.

And verification from the Dead Sea Scrolls don't give it any more legitimacy, those were also written by man.  How many versions of the bible are there?  There should be only one, but there isn't.  Right there is a problem.  And why do the catholics have a bible that is different from what other christians use?  And why is the book of Mormon not accepted as fact?  It was written the same way the bible was written.

And for the mods, these are legitimate questions, no abuse or insults going on here.

Edited by DrHawkeye

Dr Hawkeye, while legitimate questions, if you truly are looking for answers, Google is your friend and can provide the information you are seeking, as some of your questions are very easily answered.  You could also connect with a number of religious scholars who could help you interpret the nuances and differences in the various accounts and versions of the Bible and the Torah. You will find many more similarities than differences if you care to take a look.

If, on the other hand, you are asking your questions just to cause controversy or in an attempt to discredit someone's beliefs, that is indeed being passive aggressive and abusive.

So, are you asking for help and attempting to educate yourself on a subject that you currently don't understand, or are you somehow upset that others believe in something that in your view is flawed and contradictory.  In either case, on a website that caters to automotive enthusiasts you are much more likely to find answers about horse power as opposed to "His" power.

Actually, I understand the religious side of it quite well.  Spent quite a few years in the Baptist Church, and if I accepted the party line as it was espoused, then it was fine.  But critical thinking didn't mesh with everything I was previously told and blind faith was no longer good enough.  I also found it difficult to tell those of other faiths that their beliefs were wrong, and mine were the only correct ones, because I had no more proof of fact than they did.  Stating something as a belief is completely different than stating it as fact that can't be substantiated, and those are what I've questioned.  If someone feels their faith is being questioned, then that person has a problem with their faith.