405-775 3599 phone
405-775 3534 fax

Shelby

Steve Mansell

Customer Service

Shelby American, Inc.

702-942-7325 Ext 105

http://www.ShelbyAmerican.com

Steve Fleske has retired ....Mike Beard is now the Hertz contact person.             mbeard@hertz.com         I believe the phone # is unchanged

Steven Thornton is the current Shelby contact               stevent@shelby .com

Edited by HERTZ II

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bigcbass said:

Thanks guys!  I got the materials from Hertz (can't believe they still had them).  But someone had claimed the Shelby materials.  Don't know who the prior owner is.

Congratulations on receiving the Hertz documents. It's good to know they (Hertz) still has unclaimed owners packets.  There's at least a possibility the dealership from whom you purchased the car did not buy the car at auction since a quick check of Carfax shows the car was previously registered in the same area as the dealership for a few years. Could the car have been traded in?? If so, the dealer should then be able to put you in touch with the previous owner??    Worth a shout out to the dealership....better yet, the salesman you dealt with.   

• 1 month later...

I contacted Mike Beard last week for the 2006 car I bought recently. He said no one had claimed the Hertz documents. They shipped them next day air, no charge to me. All were nicely laminated in a folder and envelope with the car's VIN number on it. It was like opening a time capsule.  I was pretty pumped to get them.

Mike said even if a previous owner has claimed the original documents that they keep a copy of everything and will at least send copies to the new owner, which I thought was pretty cool.

The previous owner had the Shelby stuff and had everything but the 40th Anniv. badge, which by luck I was able to pick one of those up on eBay this week.