TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can I get a Shelby Snake horn button for my 2016 GT-H ?

I love my 2016 GT-H, but feel a little short changed with the standard Mustang running horse horn button staring me in the face every time I drive it. With all the Shelby badging on the 2016, couldn't they have put the much cooler looking Shelby snake on the horn  like the 350 & 500's have ? Are we not worthy ? I see a stick on over the button available with the snake logo , but stick on is cheesy. Any one know if we can get an actual Shelby Snake horn button replacement from Shelby ?

Yes, what I'm calling the horn button is actually the air bag cover. Did Ford put that in with the standard pony and Shelby just left it that way to avoid messing with the airbag ? And if so, why didn't they do it the 2016 when the other Shelby's are all equipped with the Shelby Snake center cover ? I may have to live with it and it may be a small thing to some owners, but I think a Shelby car should have the snake, just like the pony was not used in the grill and got special badging - although obviously a lot easier fix.

My guess is Yes Shelby did not want to mess with the Airbag.  The GT350 and the GT500 are not modified at SAI, they are built on the Ford Assembly line that is why they have them from the factory, the GT/H is a modified Mustang GT that comes off the line with your current set up.

1 hour ago, twobjshelbys said:

Shelby left it that way because Hertz didn't send them any parts or instructions to do otherwise.  

Remember, Shelby American was just a mod shop for Hertz.  Hertz supplied all of the cars and parts.   Shelby just put them in the pot and stirred the soup.

And the steering wheel badge sloshed over the edge of the pot and was never seen again. 

:hysterical:

Edited by BIKEBOY

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2018 at 11:32 AM, cobraguy69 said:

I love my 2016 GT-H, but feel a little short changed with the standard Mustang running horse horn button staring me in the face every time I drive it. With all the Shelby badging on the 2016, couldn't they have put the much cooler looking Shelby snake on the horn  like the 350 & 500's have ? Are we not worthy ? I see a stick on over the button available with the snake logo , but stick on is cheesy. Any one know if we can get an actual Shelby Snake horn button replacement from Shelby ?

You definitely can.  Thing is you have to buy it with the airbag.  They don't sell them separate.  

I was referred to Gaudin Ford.   gaudinautoparts.com,  Part #FR3Z-63043B13-AB,  You might want to double check and call to confirm, but that's what I ordered and it was correct.  Follow the Ford Performance GT350 steering wheel upgrade directions.  They tell you how to safely disconnect your airbag.

While you are at it, highly recommend you upgrade to the GT350 steering wheel.  You wouldn't believe how it elevates your perception of the car.

Directions (that will help understand airbag/Cobra cover installation):  FordInstShtM-3600-M350R_FP.pdf

13 hours ago, T-Bone68 said:

You definitely can.  Thing is you have to buy it with the airbag.  They don't sell them separate.  

I was referred to Gaudin Ford.   gaudinautoparts.com,  Part #FR3Z-63043B13-AB,  You might want to double check and call to confirm, but that's what I ordered and it was correct.  Follow the Ford Performance GT350 steering wheel upgrade directions.  They tell you how to safely disconnect your airbag.

While you are at it, highly recommend you upgrade to the GT350 steering wheel.  You wouldn't believe how it elevates your perception of the car.

Directions (that will help understand airbag/Cobra cover installation):  FordInstShtM-3600-M350R_FP.pdf

T-Bone68 - Thanks for this info. The directions for installation are not coming thru but I am going to check with Gaudin Ford. I bought a stick on plastic cover from ebay ,  but it's not very good. I guess directions came with the cover/airbag part ? Price ?

20 minutes ago, cobraguy69 said:

T-Bone68 - Thanks for this info. The directions for installation are not coming thru but I am going to check with Gaudin Ford. I bought a stick on plastic cover from ebay ,  but it's not very good. I guess directions came with the cover/airbag part ? Price ?

The directions are a hyper link right mouse click on them and open in a new tab o r just clink on the file below

FordInstShtM-3600-M350R_FP.pdf

Edited by andrewnagle1964

Thanks Andrew!

you can also watch the installation video from the CJ Pony parts link to get an idea how to remove and replace the airbag/cover.  It’s pretty simple.  Hardest part is finding the release spring in the side hole.  Took me a little while to feel for it and get it to release, then you are home free.  Scroll to the bottom of the link to see Bill do it.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-racing-steering-wheel-gt350r-leather-and-alcantara-with-bezel-kit-2015-2017/p/M3600M350R/

This comes up from time to time on the forum.  Saleen sold a center tri-pony disk cover that could be purchased and put over the tri-pony and then you cover with an emblem of your choice.  I did it on my Barrett Jackson Mustang GT steering wheel.  There are a lot of posts if you search.

GG

• 2 years later...

I want to replace my stock steering wheel airbag that has the mustang logo with the Cobra logo airbag (PN FR3Z-63043B13-AB) . Searching online, it seems this PN was discontinued. I saw a few other online references to a possible replacement HR3Z-63043B13-BF but not sure it has the cobra logo since most Ford parts sites don't list a picture. Any help would be appreciated in confirming the replacement PN. Thanks