TEAM SHELBY FORUM

5A Carroll Shelby Memorial Classic – Cobra Experience Museum – Saturday May 12, 2018

SVT NAJA

Ea140Lr.jpg?3

Team Shelby – Pacific Coast Region and NorCal Shelby Club, in partnership with the Cobra Experience museum https://www.cobraexperience.org/ conveniently located off Hwy 4 in Martinez, are excited to bring this 5th annual memorial car show event honoring the legacy of Carroll Shelby to NorCal “Powered by Ford” enthusiasts. Show entry requires a nominal donation of $35 per car. SAAC veteran Gordon Gimbel will be on hand to share some Shelby history and a few vehicle surprises are in the works too!

RSVP’s and pre-payment of $35 per entered vehicle is required for this event. Please use the GoFundMe link below to facilitate this transaction. When your payment is confirmed, this will be noted in Post #2 below. Donated entry fees will be shared with the Carroll Shelby Foundation http://www.shelby.com/?topic=csf and the Cobra Experience.

GoFundMe Payment Link:  https://www.gofundme.com/5a-carroll-shelby-memorial-classic - Reservations are requested by Thursday May 10th. Thanks! 

So mark your calendars and post-up if you’re interested in joining us with your vehicle entry - or as a guest, for a great day at the Cobra Experience honoring Carroll Shelby with other “Powered by Ford” enthusiasts.  

The show starts at 9:30am and ends at 12:30pm. Owners entering their vehicles in the show should arrive by 9:00am to allow adequate time for staging and a final detail. Awards will be announced at 12:00 noon. This event is rain or shine. 

The Cobra Experience Museum is located at 777 Arnold Drive – Suite 200, Martinez, CA 94553 

Here is a map of this location:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/777+Arnold+Dr,+Martinez,+CA+94553/@37.9975263,-122.1184204,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x808565bd60029f33:0xa6a5b8f98964a82a!8m2!3d37.9981266!4d-122.1163175 

Pictures from a previous CSMC can be viewed here.

https://plus.google.com/photos/+AlbertSantosoPhotography/albums/6150604305933727393 

Any question, please ask here or send me a gmail message as noted below. We look forward to seeing you on Saturday May 12th in Martinez! 

Thanks, 

Jim

svtnaja.tspcr@gmail.com

Edited by SVT NAJA
Event Update

List of Memorial Classic car show entries attending:

1. SVT NAJA
  2. Andy Boyden
  3. Michael Urbach
  4. Chip Herman
  5. Cali_KR
  6. elkhorn6990
  7. Mark Lopez
  8. Tim Brown
  9. Jessie Johal
  10. Durk Edwards
  11. Charles Sellman
  12. Rod Simas
  13. Bob Wolfley
  14. Alberto Carrera
  15. Kevin Patten
  16. Neeraj Sharma
  17. Mark Victoria
  18. Nydia Victoria
  19. Arthur McKenney
  20. Tony C.
  21. Dave Goldberg
  22. Tom Wills
  23. Danny Wilson
  24. John Raybourn
  25. Matthew Calzoni
  26. Robert Pinotti
  27. David Nannini
  28. Greg Welch
  29. Cisco F.
  30. John Thornton
  31. Emily Lambert
  32. Joe Cloutier
  33. Dennis Peck
  34. Daniel Nissim
  35. Jim Long
  36. Chris Montgomery
  37. Byron Johnson
  38. Robert Collins
  39. Jeff Janvier
  40. Phil Wiltens
  41. Lori Fino
  42. Ron K.
  43. Vincent Casey
  44. Keith Suzuki
Edited by SVT NAJA
Add Attendees

U P D A T E:

Quite a few enthusiasts responding to the event didn't want to bother with a catered lunch - or its cost. 

So we've dropped the lunch and reduced the car show (and Museum) entry price. It's back to where it's been for the past 4 years.

If you've thought about attending and those changes move the needle, we look forward to seeing you on Saturday May 12 at the Cobra Experience!

Best,

Jim

On 4/4/2018 at 6:29 PM, SVT NAJA said:

U P D A T E:

Quite a few enthusiasts responding to the event didn't want to bother with a catered lunch - or its cost. 

So we've dropped the lunch and reduced the car show (and Museum) entry price. It's back to where it's been for the past 4 years.

If you've thought about attending and those changes move the needle, we look forward to seeing you on Saturday May 12 at the Cobra Experience!

Best,

Jim

Bump 

ONLY $35, with the proceeds supporting charity!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2018 at 9:23 PM, Albino500 said:

Just funded - might make it might not - first grandson due. JS

Kevin,

We hope you can make it, but if not, welcoming a new Blue Oval enthusiast into the world is REALLY exciting stuff!

Best,

Jim

On 4/12/2018 at 8:57 AM, Ghoust said:

Ok. I am signed up.

Neeraj,

It's great that you can join us for the 5A CSMC at the Cobra Experience on May 12th.

Have you decided which Shelby you're going to bring? They're both fantastic!

Best,

Jim

On 4/22/2018 at 9:10 AM, timber2417 said:

I'm sorry I can't make it. Will be in Reno for a concert. Maybe next time

Doug,

Enjoy the concert! We'll catch you at the 6A CSMC @ CE next year...

Best,

Jim

PS: There's always SATL-9 on June 30th to look forward to...

19 hours ago, SVT NAJA said:

Neeraj,

It's great that you can join us for the 5A CSMC at the Cobra Experience on May 12th.

Have you decided which Shelby you're going to bring? They're both fantastic!

Best,

Jim

I can bring either one...any preference?

Hey Jim,

Can think of a couple people who might enjoy seeing the cars and the exhibits at The Cobra Experience.  Is there a general admission charge Saturday for someone not displaying a car, but attending?

-John

3 hours ago, T-Bone68 said:

Hey Jim,

Can think of a couple people who might enjoy seeing the cars and the exhibits at The Cobra Experience.  Is there a general admission charge Saturday for someone not displaying a car, but attending?

-John

John,

Spectators are welcome to attend the car show free of charge. 

If they would like to see the museum displays inside, we recommend a $10 donation to the Cobra Experience.

See you this Saturday!

Best,

Jim 

It sounds like you all got a pretty good setup and have a great time at the Cobra Experience!  I wish that I was close enough to attend!   So, I wish all of you fellow enthusiasts to have a great time and post some cool pics to see for the rest of us who can't be there!  Enjoy and have a great day!   :)

Later!

"MONGOOSE"   :peelout:

1 hour ago, Mongoose said:

It sounds like you all got a pretty good setup and have a great time at the Cobra Experience!  I wish that I was close enough to attend!   So, I wish all of you fellow enthusiasts to have a great time and post some cool pics to see for the rest of us who can't be there!  Enjoy and have a great day!   :)

Later!

"MONGOOSE"   :peelout:

Mongoose,

We'll post up some pictures here and on the TS-PCR Facebook page for you to enjoy, because it's a bit late for you to drive out and join us this Saturday.

But you might consider coming out to Kalifornia late this June for the 9th annual Snakes at the Lake cruise, car show and BBQ at Lake Tahoe as seen here:

Sadly I have to back out Jim.  I'm the training coordinator for the local volunteer fire association and as hard as I tried to schedule it on another day, Cal Fire made the call to have our training this Sat.  Have fun guys and gals.  See you soon.

Please keep the donation.

4 hours ago, Fat Boss said:

Sadly I have to back out Jim.  I'm the training coordinator for the local volunteer fire association and as hard as I tried to schedule it on another day, Cal Fire made the call to have our training this Sat.  Have fun guys and gals.  See you soon.

Andy,

Cal Fire does great work, as do their volunteer groups. I can't even imagine the destruction that could occur without their interventions...

Unfortunately, large bureaucratic organizations run on their own schedules - not ours. Thanks for all you do for your community!

We'll post up pics of the 5A CSMC @ CE here and on Facebook for you, and pass your donation on to the CSF and CE. Thanks!

Best,

Jim

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:08 AM, Fat Boss said:

Welcome to the fire service.  You'll be missing a lot more stuff such as holidays and birthdays etc.  Comes with the territory.  I am retired but have to teach at our fire academy tomorrow as well.  Keep up the good work my fire peep.