TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Should I get LoJack for my Mustang Super Snake?

Wazoo919

I live in San Diego 75 kilometers from the Mexico border and installed LoJack right after I got my car, now more than 10 years ago.  While Ravelco is an option, I am leery of anything that is connected by wires to my under the hood electronics.  Nice to have alternatives though.

Jim

Just a little something to consider. I've got a friend with a FF Cobra and a KR. He had a secondary alarm installed with no audio output and the only thing that was hooked up was a kill switch, so that when he armed it, it would not start, no power, nothing. And he adopted my idea that I have in my vert. I have an old iphone as an ipod in it. It's not in plain site, nor in the console or glove box. So unless they tear into the dash and console to retrieve it, I simply use FIND MY IPHONE on any of my other devices.

Thanks for the input, still deciding, around here in Florida most thieves have tow trucks they just slap it on a flat bed and gone. Several Camaro owners I saw on ZL1 Exclusive forum cars were stolen. The sales person at ford when I bought the Mustang he suggested to have it put on. 

On 3/2/2018 at 12:49 AM, Wazoo919 said:

I am considering getting LoJack for my 2017 Mustang Super Snake 50th Anniversary. Wondering how many on the forums have LoJack on theirs? 

Have had LoJack on my 65 sinc 2010! Love it. It cost money, but go with the early warning system. I have it on mine and definitely eases my worries. 

On 3/2/2018 at 10:11 PM, twobjshelbys said:

Is your car parked in a garage all the time except for the car show on Saturday morning?  If so, don't bother.  If it's parked outside then it's something to consider. 

Yes it's garage kept and the garage is not attached to the house and is behind my house. 

19 hours ago, jdaallen said:

How about Ford Pass?  You can locate you car and disable it from you smart phone.  You've already paid for it in the price of the car.  Just a thought.

Never knew Ford had that, guess I need to read the manual more. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

If it is garaged I would not get lo-jack.  But only you know the crime level in your area, we do not have car thefts where I live and no one knows what an SS is so even if we did I do not see a Mustang being a high theft car at all.

Lookup the highest stolen cars, they are all for parts, they are all regular cars, people do not steal Sports cars.  Again your decision, but I wouldn't do it, waste of cash.

thanks guys.. yes it is garage kept and I have an alarm on the house and the separate garage. Ya all right save the money, crime on stolen cars on mustangs not that bad in this area.