TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Main Supercharger belt

11 hours ago, NCGT350 said:

I have a 14 GT350 with less than 1500 miles, and already noticed the Supercharger belt has a tear on one side due to one of the pulleys being out of alignment  I assume.  Has anyone else had this issue?Should this be covered under warranty?

I don`think they came with SC which would be an add on & not covered.

I have read that the 624hp whipple SC was not warranted by SAI and the 525hp whipple SC had a one year warranty from SAI.  I have a feeling it wont be covered under warranty because of the age of the car.  Ford 3yr/36 month warranty covers the Ford/Mustang components from the time the car was first titled.

11 hours ago, MNStang said:

I have read that the 624hp whipple SC was not warranted by SAI and the 525hp whipple SC had a one year warranty from SAI.  I have a feeling it wont be covered under warranty because of the age of the car.  Ford 3yr/36 month warranty covers the Ford/Mustang components from the time the car was first titled.

If I recall correctly, the 624hp had no warranty from Ford at all for the entire car. The 525 had a 1 year warranty instead of the 3yr/36k mile warranty from Ford. SAI did provide some warranty coverage for what they did on the car. SAI was very good about taking care of us from my experience.

Mine frayed shortly after getting the car with 14k miles on it.  It's not easy to replace it either.  I highly recommend having a pocket knife or something handy to trim the belt when and if it frays on you.  You'll know when it starts to go.  It'll slap the hood pretty good, but I bought another 20 miles or so of babying it by trimming the belt.

As far as alignment, that would be fairly tricky to determine since there are so many pulleys and other stuff in the way of seeing more than about 2 of them at a time. 

What is the correct Ford Performance part number for the belt for the 624 HP?  I think I should keep a spare on hand.  No issues yet after 3600 miles, but you never know.  I heard of belt problems on the supercharged Cobra Mustangs back about ten years ago.

• 4 weeks later...