TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Howdy Everyone,

Just trying to fill out our own 2018 activity calendar for the coming months and was looking for some possible dates:

_ Snakes and Ponys Car Show in Danville, Ca; I'm told it is usually sometime in May/June?

_Snakes on the Lake cruise from Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe; I think it is in June?

_Track Day at Sonoma Raceway, first weekend or so of August?  

I realize it is early but If anyone has these dates and any details on the specific events, could you please share them? 

Many Thx and have a great day,

nascarbilly  

You might add the national SAAC Convention at Sonoma Raceway in Aug 3-5 as I believe TS will be joining the event along with the annual SAAC NorCal Mini Nat event.  Should be a big one with more Ford horsepower than a space shuttle.  

Edited by 66GT350PS

Greetings 66GT350PS,

Sounds like a ton of Ford Performance HP for sure!! 

Do you know how they actually run the SAAC Convention at Sonoma Raceway?  Is it basically all track time, a one day car show, vendor booths, more or what?   I do know there are NO hotels near the raceway.  You either being your RV,  or stay in Vallejo to the east or Novato to the west of the track.  I'll see how the schedule goes, I might just go down there for the day.  

See ya there,

nascarbilly

Full details about events, hotels and track schedule for SAAC 43 are supposed to come out in parts to SAAC members first sometime this month.  The event at Sonoma is part of the annual SAAC NorCal division Mini-Nats.  TS and Shelby Am. crew are slated to be there also so stay tuned.  There are usual two days of track time with different level driver groups, possible passenger parade laps, closed track competition Trans-Am racers (insane classic racing) and more.  It is hoped that the usual quarter mile Sonoma drag night on Thursdays will be included.  Lots Ford powered stuff from original real classic Shelby vehicles to late model toys and replicas. 

Also vendors, special dinner and Shelby factory speakers and more Shelby related craziness than can be outlined here.  Anchor hotels are usually in San Rafael or Santa Rosa because of the size of the event and related activities.

Good Morning 66GT350PS,

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner; having some renovations done to our MBR Bath. Been dealing with multiple sub-contractors, very time consuming in addition to keeping up with the dust daily.   Many thx for all your info.

I knew the Shelby Am crew goes to the event, or at least that Gary Patterson was up in Sonoma when I picked up my GTE convertible last August (everyone else at Shelby Am involved in my build signed the underhood then).   My question is where do all of the "Non-Track" cars park (I do not have nor want a rollbar in my car) during the event.  I have been to Sonoma Raceway numerous times for NHRA and NASCAR events and even the up-priced preferred parking spaces are out on the dirt on either side of the main state owned road through the area. Is there some type of daily car "show-n-shine" on the blacktop areas?  

Parking area designation has not been released yet.  At these events, areas are set aside for various displays, vendors, judging groups and such on different days.  The info will come out for SAAC members first and then others in a few weeks.  All the hotel, track events and such are still been put together.   Parking passes are usually reserved for garage users, event personnel, vendors and display vehicles.  I have not been to Sonoma in years so I do not know what will be the set up, but there will not be the super crowds that are at the big race weekends.  It will be a larger than last August Mini-Nats as this will include another national group. 

Roger that.  Please keep me posted when you hear more. 

I was hoping to bring my Shelby GTE there but definitely will NOT if it has to be parked in one of those dirt parking lots (that's why God invented beater cars).  You don't realize just how dusty it is there till you start to drive out at night and your headlights shine on the dust boiling up from the other cars.     

4 hours ago, timber2417 said:

Hi, I don't login too often, bi t was looking for Snakes On The Lake info. Love the trip, will be my 5th or 6th time. I have June 30th but not sure if its changed. I think I got the date from last year's event .  

Last year the sign up page opened in mid April.......

This year's 9th Annual TSPCR Snakes at the Lake Tahoe cruise, car show and BBQ event is scheduled for Saturday June 30th. 

I usually post the event up on (or about) April 1st here on Team Shelby and a couple of other Forums. Until then, you can enjoy these videos!

Enjoy!

On 2/10/2018 at 10:34 AM, nascarbilly said:

Roger that.  Please keep me posted when you hear more. 

I was hoping to bring my Shelby GTE there but definitely will NOT if it has to be parked in one of those dirt parking lots (that's why God invented beater cars).  You don't realize just how dusty it is there till you start to drive out at night and your headlights shine on the dust boiling up from the other cars.     

If you enter your car in the car show you'll have paved parking for sure.

• 3 months later...

Hope we get a good TS turnout at Sonoma SAAC-43.  Check out the web page as to all the fun that there is going to be.  Waiting to hear confirmation from the Las Vegas shop that they are attending.  

Edited by 66GT350PS

• 4 weeks later...

Shelby American is listed as one of the partners and/or sponsors for the SAAC-43 Convention at Sonoma Raceway, August 3-4-5, 2018 with anchor hotels in San Rafael, CA.  However, no events are here on the TS or SA events calendars.  Is SA coming and what toys are they bringing.  Lots of new continuation and other SA  products are being posted on the SA website and it would be great to see them shown and maybe cruising the track.    I would also expect a lot of fellow TS members from the western regions to come and play.  

Information on the event is at: http://saac43.com/

Hotels are filling up fast in the area. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

True, but it is a SAAC scheduled event with sponsor participation listed by Team Shelby and NorCal SAAC.  The garages are really nice but are set up to handle only one or maybe two cars.  All the reservations are being handled independently by a track vendor.   From what I have gathered so far , the Aloha Mustang & Shelby Club of Hawaii has 14 members confirmed attending and a Series 8000 Cobra, 2007 Shelby GT, 2006 Shelby GT-H and a 2014 GT500.  There may be other Shelby or Ford Performance toys also, but none confirmed yet.  I am too busy to ship up my '11 GT350 this time.  

Oh, and there will be mac nuts while they last.  We hope to see a good bunch of TS members and cars, as well as some of the latest fun from SA.

5 hours ago, 66GT350PS said:

(snip)  From what I have gathered so far , the Aloha Mustang & Shelby Club of Hawaii has 14 members confirmed attending and a Series 8000 Cobra, 2007 Shelby GT, 2006 Shelby GT-H and a 2014 GT500.  There may be other Shelby or Ford Performance toys also, but none confirmed yet.  I am too busy to ship up my '11 GT350 this time.  

Oh, and there will be mac nuts while they last.  We hope to see a good bunch of TS members and cars, as well as some of the latest fun from SA.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ T H I S ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tidbits about the people and groups taking part rally seems to be missing leading up to this.    This type of stuff is fun to take part in.

• 1 month later...

Hope some TS members have some photos or video of the event.  Great fun and super cars, classic and newer ones.   Saw a couple of Super Snakes, lots of GTH and GT models as well as a 2011 GT350 45th anniversary (car #40?).  

On 8/10/2018 at 6:41 PM, 66GT350PS said:

Hope some TS members have some photos or video of the event.  Great fun and super cars, classic and newer ones.   Saw a couple of Super Snakes, lots of GTH and GT models as well as a 2011 GT350 45th anniversary (car #40?).  

Here is a nice collection of pix

Edited by Cali_KR