TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2018 Shelby GTE program?

I am pretty sure the GTE is still available. I just Googled "Shelby GTE build" and the build your own site came up and it let me build one. I tried to cut paste a link for you but couldn't from my phone

Edited by mhr1961

Bill,

Have you tried to contact Chris Ruby at Shelby American, Las Vegas,   1-702-942-7235 or 1-844-974-3529?  If any one knows, he will.  I picked up my 2016 GTE from him in August, 2017 and stopped back by there in Nov to see him.  I'm pretty sure they will make the 2018 conversions to GTE; they also had the redish-orange with silver stripes GTE Ecoboost based car for sale ( one that was used in all of their original GTE brochures).

I hope this helps,

Nascarbilly  

12 hours ago, 66GT350PS said:

I saw an orange GTE sitting in the production shop during my walk on the Heritage tour last Thursday.  

Cool, thanks.  With the new forum the link at the top about build your own Shelby was gone.  Wasn't sure if the program was too and hadn't seen or heard anything.  

• 3 weeks later...

They need to kill off the GTE and bring back the Shelby GT package as the pricing of the GTE was what the GT and GT/SC were all about and Sold very well. The Eco-boost should not be part of the GT package and the Eco-boost should be its own car

• 1 month later...

HI 39Mustang, 

I second your observations but for different reasons.  The 2015-2016 Shelby GT's had the much nicer wheels, stainless steel appearing front mesh grills (top and bottom) vs black ones in GTE's. As you can see, I have a GTE convertible. I have lost count of the number of times people stop and ask me about my car and what the actual difference is between the Shelby GT and my GTE. I'm told there were less than 35 of the 2015-2016 Shelby GT's originally made.

The GTE was supposed to replace the GT with about $11,000 per car cost savings (no need to pay extra to have the carbon fiber stuff painted (hood, mirror caps, spoiler, rocker panel covers, etc) as all that came with a painted poly-carboniate material in the GTE. 

Personally speaking, the GTE should be based on the Eco-Boost car and the GT returned to what it was before (make the poly-carboniate materials standard and the carbon fiber composition an upgrade). 

Later,

Nascarbilly

• 11 months later...

The Shelby GT is back and replaced the GTE. It was Team Shelby Members who asked for the GT's return and we got the GTE. Its a beautiful car. My opinion is the GTE should remain as the Ecoboost variant but my opinion and a dollar might get you a small coffee

Guest nascarbilly

I priced out a 2019 Shelby GT convertible to be made as exact/similar to my 2016 GTE convertible as possible and the price tag was in the $80,000 to $85,000 range.  I think they need to rethink the price structure and method of sale of the GT's. 

• 2 years later...