TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015-2018 GT350 Owners

39Mustang

Great stories gents.  On the Recaros, I didn't like them at first either and seriously considered ordering one with the convenience pack,  but the Recaros have conformed to my ample frame after a few drives, around 1,500 miles and they are actually quite comfortable on a long drive.  Could use better lumbar support, but overall I'm thrilled with my 2017 in Ruby Red.  I believe this  version of the GT350 will be quite sought after in the years to come.

IMG_3322.jpg

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I have greatly enjoyed reading all the comments. I have never owned a Shelby or any Mustang but have always loved them since I was a kid. My first car when I was 17 was a "66 GTO and I've always loved performance cars. That was 1969 and I'm now 65 (old retired guy). The reason I joined this is to learn how Shelby owners use and enjoy their cars because as of later this week I will be the owner of a brand new 2017 GT350. It has been sitting in the dealer showroom for over a year and a half and they offered me a fair price of $500 below invoice. I am very excited about getting this beautiful car and will take good care of it but don't want a car I'm afraid to drive or leave in the garage all the time. I am happy to see here there are folks who take them out frequently. I'm not a race car driver and not really interested in taking it to the track but it looks like it is still fun to drive. My goal will be to keep a clean driving record. Also, for those talking about used values, I know auctions are different than individual sellers but I just attended the Greensboro Auto Auction and watched a brand new 2009 GT500 with 10 miles on it sell for $45,000. 

16 hours ago, Captain Adventure said:

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I have greatly enjoyed reading all the comments. I have never owned a Shelby or any Mustang but have always loved them since I was a kid. My first car when I was 17 was a "66 GTO and I've always loved performance cars. That was 1969 and I'm now 65 (old retired guy). The reason I joined this is to learn how Shelby owners use and enjoy their cars because as of later this week I will be the owner of a brand new 2017 GT350. It has been sitting in the dealer showroom for over a year and a half and they offered me a fair price of $500 below invoice. I am very excited about getting this beautiful car and will take good care of it but don't want a car I'm afraid to drive or leave in the garage all the time. I am happy to see here there are folks who take them out frequently. I'm not a race car driver and not really interested in taking it to the track but it looks like it is still fun to drive. My goal will be to keep a clean driving record. Also, for those talking about used values, I know auctions are different than individual sellers but I just attended the Greensboro Auto Auction and watched a brand new 2009 GT500 with 10 miles on it sell for $45,000. 

Welcome to Team Shelby & congrat`s on your new ride.  

17 hours ago, Captain Adventure said:

Welcome.  While I don't have a newer GT350, I have a 2009 GT500 and drive it quite a bit.  Are you in NC?  Great opportunities to take the car to local Cars and Coffee or similar events and then head up to the mountains or country roads to enjoy the car.  Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brand new to the forum. Went back on forth with multiple dealers over the last couple of months sitting on brand new 2017 350s. Crazy to see that some are still listed over sticker with 18's on their lot. Makes no sense. Anyway, I was able to work out a great deal under sticker. Plan is to pick it up in the next few days! Will report back once 100% final. Can't wait

1 hour ago, hammer722 said:

Brand new to the forum. Went back on forth with multiple dealers over the last couple of months sitting on brand new 2017 350s. Crazy to see that some are still listed over sticker with 18's on their lot. Makes no sense. Anyway, I was able to work out a great deal under sticker. Plan is to pick it up in the next few days! Will report back once 100% final. Can't wait

Smart buyer!  patience is rewarded

9 hours ago, twobjshelbys said:

Hopefully :) that is the case. Anyone hear about the final 2017 production numbers? Looked everywhere online but no luck. Next step is to actually call Ford Performance when I get the time.

With the limited run of the 2018s and the announcement of a 2019 run of GT350/Rs, I wonder if the 2019s will be a full model year run. If so, the year/s to get would be the 2015 or 2018...no?

Edited by ShakeMe

12 minutes ago, hammer722 said:

has 2019 350s been announced?  wonder if they drop the 350s and build just 500s. is it just me or are the new 18' gt facelifts weird looking? not too crazy about it at all. instrument dash does look badass though 

There has been no official timing announced but from the sound of it the 2019 MY vehicle will be a continuation of the GT350 (with numbers not announced yet) and then they will transition  with the GT500 being a late CY2019 but as a MY2020.   It does not appear like they will be a simultaneous offering since there has been no announcement of additional capacity being added to the engine plant (implying that there will be a Voodoo to 5.2L Coyote, but not simultaneous except for a short overlap as happens when all lines make such a switch)   All of this is based on what little press info is available but knowing how big factories switch what they are making.  No ordering bank for anything has opened so nothing firm. 

As for the Recaro's, they came in my 2008 Shelby GT/SC and they came in my 2016 Terlingua and these are completely different seats so it seems to be true that some are having an issue with the Recaro's that are coming with the GT350's. I suggest sit in one's car before you order them

On 4/3/2018 at 10:15 PM, twobjshelbys said:

Saturday was a success! $56.5k before taxes, title, etc. Only bad part of the whole experience was the salesman neglecting to tell me how to put the damn thing in reverse..... No damage done. Haha 

On 3/4/2018 at 10:29 AM, Levi Triplett said:

I couldn't have put that better myself, and I am really enjoying hearing everyone's stories. Hearing these makes me feel like I have finally found some like minded individuals for a change. Being here in Montana you have to figure that Mustangs, let alone Shelby ones, are a bit of a rare sight considering our short driving season. That and most everyone here seems infatuated with another american brand I won't mention, and I suppose that drew me away from the car scene just because of the aggravation. I agree however, that the GT350 is the pinnacle for me ,but I certainly would have been happy with the 07 and up GT500 had I come across one. I understand those met a similar fate with owners looking for something different when the new 350 came out. Hopefully when the snow eventually goes away I'll be back out there, and I will post a bit about some of my upgrades if I get the chance. LT

Levi, I bought my GT350 from the Ford Dealer in Cut Bank, Montana! First stop on the way back to Washington was Shelby Montana! We had such a great drive home and what a state to break in the VooDoo engine! 985 mile to our home and one week and an first oil change, I was on track at PIR and yup fast car out of the box, holy crap what fun! We laid down 10K plus from May 25 to October 2017. Drove it to the Ford Racing School, too in September. She has some scares but they are mine and will tell a story someday for the next owner, hopfully many years from now.

I'm like so many of you, my first Shelby, I total get the engine (side note I have been racing an X- Mustang Challenge FR500S) I'm 58 this year, started like you all from nothing. Marries the High School Sweetheart and has put up with the Crazy car hobby (she drove a Sunbeam Tiger for 17 years as much as she could-none daily driver-but did drive to work a lot with it) we are lucky guys.

Great stories all!  Oh, On the recaros seats I like them and very use to a containment seat as stated before. I'm 5'11" 180.  Very best to you all, Brian

H4027 at Pacific Raceways coming out of Turn 5. Meet a goal Did 4 track: PIR (Portland, OR) then Pacific Raceways, near Kent WA and then The Ridge Motorsports Park near Shelton, WA. Last for 2017 was Oregon Raceway Park (eastern Oregon). Great fist year for us.20170525_170313.jpg

2017GT350PacificJuly.jpgDBKidsDash2017ridesFR500S.jpg

Edited by FR500S Racer

On 3/1/2018 at 12:16 PM, Levi Triplett said:

To revisit the original question, i do believe people have gotten into the habit of changing out cars after having it for maybe a year or two. I considered myself very fortunate to have been able to purchase a 17 gt350 new a little over a year ago at the age of 23, and it was all hard work to get there for me so I cherish it like nothing else I own. It got me wondering, beings I used to frequent the car show circuit in a built 71 Maverick, how much I heard a lot of older folks saying that that they had something rare like a shelby or something comparable,  and had regretfully sold it. I couldn't part with mine, and I felt I was offered the opportunity to have something that was the modern equivalent of the legendary cars of back in the good old days. A pure performance machine, and I honestly haven't a single complaint about it. Am one of the few that views these cars this way? 

My view on the "Regret of selling the older classic machine". Selling it (the classic) has allowed us to to something new that = meeting more knew people. Just like getting into Team Shelby.

Our Mustang K code help us meet many folks as I looked for history behind the cars story, sold new at a VW dealership in Yakima,WA, Gift car from Shelby to Lew Florence that was racing a CSX 2459 289 Cobra race car. Then the 1966 MK1 Sunbeam Tiger lead us down the road to those folks. Then after the Tiger sold we bought the Racer -FR500S and that lead to racing and meeting more great people. If we had stayed in one classic (per my budget) we would have not meet the others the we have shared great times with in life.

Plus, selling the classic allowed another family to enjoy what we have enjoyed! Always another way to look forward down the Highway, as Shelby was asked "what was your favorite"  his answer "The Next One".   As someone that has race a little bit, racing is looking forward (even Vintage racers up the ante) as in driving you must look ahead to the next corner!

Gotta keep looking down the road for the next adventure in life! Just the way I look at it, we each have our own ways and that's what makes it so interesting!!!

The 289 Hi Po (just under 300rwhp) with an aftermarket cam and other modern bits, worked from 3400rpm to 7800rpm, the new 350 is very familiar to me after owning the 65 for 34 years. Sold the 65 and a 97SVT Cobra to get into the GT350.

Best to you all,  Brian

20160527_194336.jpg

20160527_194251.jpg

Edited by FR500S Racer
More details

You are so right Brian..... one of the first things they teach at Bondurant is keep your eyes “down the road”....NOT immediately in front of you. You MUST see and know the next turn! After mastering that, you are able to kick it up a few notches on the gas too. It allows you to go faster, safer. 

Great choice of analogy here on the “next one”, as well. 

Love it! :rockon:

I do agree about advancements made as time goes on, but I suppose I mean more of an emotional attachment to the machine. That is a cool story you have FR500s, and I totally get what you are saying. I still have my Maverick, which I continue to improve performance and appearance wise, but also enjoy the 17 GT350 for it's considerable technical achievement. I agree about moving forward, but something's are perfect to hold on to for myself. I just always thought it would be cool to be the original owner of a car like the GT350 and I hope to keep it that way. LT

19 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

You are so right Brian..... one of the first things they teach at Bondurant is keep your eyes “down the road”....NOT immediately in front of you. You MUST see and know the next turn! After mastering that, you are able to kick it up a few notches on the gas too. It allows you to go faster, safer. 

Great choice of analogy here on the “next one”, as well. 

Love it! :rockon:

Sh$t I learned to keep my eyes  "down the road " when I was teen , never know when you will spot a pretty girl , you need to be ready to honk & wave or whistle.

• 11 months later...
On 2/24/2018 at 4:47 AM, sbrooks said:

I am glad that people unloaded the 2016's . I got mine with 642 miles and I am loving the track package. I don't have a problem with the seats and love the sound of the voodoo engine.  

Same here except mine is 2018 w 1774 miles. Owned for 7 months to fill a bucket list item by original owner. Only had for a week now but my wife and I love the Recaro seats.  Had to drive 3 hrs home after purchase and more comfortable to us than her bmw m seats. I’m moving up from my 2000 Honda S2000 so having a high rpm  motor is normal to me. 

On 4/18/2018 at 3:19 PM, shelby001 said:

Sh$t I learned to keep my eyes  "down the road " when I was teen , never know when you will spot a pretty girl , you need to be ready to honk & wave or whistle.

You forgot, down and ON the road🤣

• 9 months later...

I am new to the Shelby group and have had my 2018 GT350 for a year. I come from a family of backyard mechanics that drove nothing but American Muscle. I was a Pontiac guy primarily, but love cars in general I've owned 1 GTO, 7 different Trans Am's and 4 Firebirds. This is my second mustang, 1st Shelby and I love it. I have the Recaro seats, I stand 6'1" and work out a lot so I am weighing in at 220lbs. I like that these seats are snug and so does the wife. This car is definitely my daily driver because I just can't get enough of being behind the wheel. I take it to the 1/4m track nearly every Saturday night and I do quite well with it, and so far I have not upgraded the engine at all. The Voodoo motor growls and has some great power from the hole shot to the end of the track and it wants more. It is equally impressive on the turns when I get with the mustang club and cruise. My previous car was a 2017 GT, that coyote was pretty impressive, but it doesn't compare to my 350. I plan to hold on to this baby for the long run. 

I think there are those that are car enthusiasts and there are those that are merely drivers. The GT350 is definitely an enthusiasts car, someone looking to get into a car and go for a drive and maybe do some showing off would be best to buy a coyote. 

Just my two cents.