TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spotted GT-H on Hertz lot in Dallas

comet78

• 1 month later...

Found mine in Costa Mesa Cal., 0138, it's on the trip home to Washington now. Brian the sales manager was extremely helpful and worked hard to do us right. Hiring a local appraiser put my mind at ease when he said I'd be extremely happy. Reliable hauler was impressed also. Happy, happy, happy!

Congratulations on your purchase.  I have been looking at these also.  There doesn’t seem to be any significant relationship between the mileage or condition and the listed prices through Hertz.  Was there any negotiating room on the price?  

21 hours ago, Owenbdk said:

Found mine in Costa Mesa Cal., 0138, it's on the trip home to Washington now. Brian the sales manager was extremely helpful and worked hard to do us right. Hiring a local appraiser put my mind at ease when he said I'd be extremely happy. Reliable hauler was impressed also. Happy, happy, happy!

Where in the PNW? I am in Anacortes, so is # 130. Brent

Edited by blz57

23 hours ago, tbear1 said:

Congratulations on your purchase.  I have been looking at these also.  There doesn’t seem to be any significant relationship between the mileage or condition and the listed prices through Hertz.  Was there any negotiating room on the price?  

It was fantastic watching her rumble out of the trailer! Hadn't so much as driven a 430hp GT, but I love the power and hookup. Cranked some heads around at the Chevy dealer we unloaded behind.

Price seems to be blocked out per the lot at the time they release for sale. My chief negotiator was able get the price down some but all offers had to be approved at corporate. Brian at Costa Mesa Hertz sales was able to drop price some, has a second car, and expects more.

22 hours ago, blz57 said:

Where in the PNW? I am in Anacortes, so is # 130. Brent

Hey Brent, we're northeast of Olympia. We hope to make some of the larger meets this year, can't miss black and gold.

BTW We have a 91+ sticker, no K&N

Well, #138 and #130 will have to meet soon. I spend weekend time in Lynnwood. Make sure you read the thread about getting the Owner's Packet from Hertz. Brent 

I'm on the owner packet. I picked up the car from the shipper Tuesday and drove the mile home before the rains hit, absolutely love it! Makes me wonder why I'm messing with restoring the California Special.

Brian at Costa Mesa Hertz said he is expecting another prospective from the great Northwest to fly in for a look at his third car, we may have more company locally.

On 3/11/2018 at 10:48 PM, Owenbdk said:

Congrats!  If haven’t already drop a photo in the 2016 csm and photo thread one #138 gets home!