TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New GT500 reveal video!

Al & Cyndi Haas

I would think that the price of the 2019 GT500 should be more in the $60K range as it is using a lot of Ford parts off the shelf and will be made in higher production numbers than the heavily engineered GT350 series that had a lot of new engineering.  

I know they will try the ADM BS again, but it will fade quickly, just like the GT350, Hellcat, ZL1, etc. There is a lot of competition, I don’t see ADM’s lasting long.  I still see GT350R’s sitting with ADM’s from 2016.  There are tons of Focus R’s sitting because of ADM’s.  You would think they would learn their lesson, but they won’t. 

Its sad but true that the Ford dealerships will price gouge all of us loyal Shelby owners and mustang lovers. My local dealership's marked up their Shelby GT350 $20K and their GT350R $30k. Sorry as much as I like the 2 new GT350's I'm not forking out between $90 to a $100K for a 526 HP non supercharged mustang. My 2010 Shelby GT500 puts out well over 600 HP and handles like a dream. I sure as heck won't be the first in line to get the new 2019 Shelby GT500 when it comes out cause it'll be over a $100K. I can get a fully loaded 2013-14 Shelby Super Snake for that price. Only patience and time will tell.

I agree with carnut12 that the high performance coupe / sportscar market is Hugh. With 700 + hp I’m probably not a buyer. The 14 GT500 I had was just not able to put down the power. I bought that one used. I’m sure if I did buy a 19 GT500 it also will be used. ADM on the 19 GT500 oh yeah It’s a given. Great time to be a car crazy. 

Edited by mach 1 1970

Now is the time to save coin and buy a new GT350 with no ADM at any dealer of your choice once they change their focus to the 500.  Time.....  is on my side!  :whistling:

Black wheels.... MEH.

29 minutes ago, ViperNC said:

Now is the time to save coin and buy a new GT350 with no ADM at any dealer of your choice once they change their focus to the 500.  Time.....  is on my side!  :whistling:

Black wheels.... MEH.

I'm with you on the black wheels thing...MEH and BLAH sums it up.........With over 700hp I'm really interested in the new GT500 and was already talking to the

dealer I bought my 04 SVT Cobra...03 Mach1 and 07 GT500 from and they guaranty me they will sell the new 19 GT500 at MSRP......now if Ford can change

the front end a bit on the 19 GT500 I'm all in for that beast.

Called my buddy and he put me on the dealer's list for the 2019 GT500

Will wait for complete details to see if buy one

Wish I knew what Colors Ford will offer for the 2019 Mustang and Shelby? I would love to have a 2019 GT500 in Lime Green that is very close to the Legend Lime. For Colors Ford needs to bring back the popular Shelby Colors rather than the same generic ones the last 10 years. I love the current Lightning Blue but my first 2 choices for any color would be Legend Lime or Brittany Blue

Will be interesting to see what SAI will offer for the Super Snake to compare

So the next question is: with the long-awaited return of the Ford Shelby GT500, will Shelby offer an upgrade package for it?

Annnnndddd, if so, will it be the return of the beloved GT500KR???? :drool:

I sure hope so. It would be the perfect platform. Starting at over 700HP, with a larger supercharger and some Shelby magic, maybe we can see 850-900HP come from this beast, in addition the inevitable beautiful appearance and handling upgrades that Shelby makes. If is one thing that Vince and the other guys at Shelby can do, it is definitely make one beautiful car.

CSSHELBYKID