TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby KR " H" pipe question

Al & Cyndi Haas

Doesn't really matter what mid pipe you run as long as you use the stock pipes from the mid to the mufflers.

KR mufflers are raspy.  More raspy and biting than the SVT-1s.  The SVT-1's (nee Borla Touring) are outstanding.  I run them on my 07 with long tubes and an X (only because nobody made a good H that was a bolt on to my collector flanges).  

Mellow and nice at cruise.  No drone.  Barks at wot.

I can't fathom why they wouldn't sound just as great with that H.

2 hours ago, VNMOUS1 said:

Doesn't really matter what mid pipe you run as long as you use the stock pipes from the mid to the mufflers.

KR mufflers are raspy.  More raspy and biting than the SVT-1s.  The SVT-1's (nee Borla Touring) are outstanding.  I run them on my 07 with long tubes and an X (only because nobody made a good H that was a bolt on to my collector flanges).  

Mellow and nice at cruise.  No drone.  Barks at wot.

I can't fathom why they wouldn't sound just as great with that H.

Agree, the Touring sound great! I've heard VNNOUS1's car. Amazed at how much they open up at wot. IMO they need to be with long tubes or catless. My 07 has the stock x with Borla catback Touring. It is very quiet even at wot. 

Edited by Ford Fest

I actually have a set of SVT-1 and a set of KR's. The KR's are too loud (raspy, especially with the top down). But , the SVT-1 are too quiet! I am keeping my cats so I thought with the Shelby "H" pipe it might wake them up a little? ie.... a little louder!