TEAM SHELBY FORUM

High Bid on 2016 GT-H at Jan 2018 Mecum was $50,000

linvx

On 1/9/2018 at 5:49 PM, 06H275 said:

So here's how I feel about this...

I paid way too much for my '06, and way too much for my '16, and way, way, to much for my '66.

I never bought them to make money! I love these cars and love driving them.

End of story!

IMG_2025 (Small).JPG

IMG_2032 (Small).JPG

The way I see it you have one .....big problem.....

which one to drive on a sunny afternoon !!!! 

Great collection for sure. 

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

The 06 hertz cars were all sold @ auctions. Hertz didn’t sell the cars but instead used auctions. Many ford dealers paid up to $60K for one. Later in the year the prices started to come down. I bought one from a dealer in 2012 for $31K and I have the invoice that showed he paid over $60K. Not sure what took place on the 07 cars. But I do know that the first 100  07 hertz cars were sold by  kruse auctions and not by hertz themselves. $25K is a steal in my book for a convertible 07 GT-H .

It appears the 2016 hertz cars are not generating the hype that the early 06 cars did. Remember the 06 was the first Shelby since 1970. To me they are special along with the 07 SGT that  were  sold to the general public with a 5 speed. With over 60,000 Shelby 07/18 out there the 16 hertz cars are just not limited like they were in 2006 .But I think they share a special place in Shelby history. Heck I remember when we were told the 07 GT500 was  a two year run  by dealers. That’s why they had such high ADMs on the 07 GT500. It took me almost two years to buy one for sticker and it was a 2008. People paid ADMs on the 16 GT350 but that’s another story. 

2006 5 speed would be the ticket IMO. That’s got to be super rare. 

Great point about 2006 being the first year back, it is easy to forget how much excitement and demand this drove, I gave up on the GT500 due to the ADM's, I was set on a Roush until I ran into a Shelby GT while test driving the Roush.

Also do not forget there was NO Camaro or Challenger so if you wanted a Muscle Car you had one choice, thankfully you have multiple choices now.  Competition drives prices down and/or value up, that is a great thing for all of us.

Edited by carnut12

Hello everyone, Its been a while since I've been on this forum after selling my 2013 Shelby GTS a few years ago(regret it, 1 of 1), but glad to be back. I recently started visiting the forum to get info on the 2016 GT-H and did my research as well. I even visited the Mecum Auctions the last 2 days to see what the 16 GT-H would close at and was surprised at how high their reserves were. Although pristine and low miles (35) it still didn't meet the reserve. However the supercharged did sell. This brings me to my next point, I've been watching the Hertz Car Sales locations in Central Florida the last 3 months and not a single unit has sold. There are about 6 here not including 4-5 in Tampa about 1 1/2 drive away. About 2 weeks ago they lowered the price from $49,900 to $46,900 which I though was interesting and in line with me pulling the trigger. So after working with the sales guy for about 2 weeks and having them value my trade I agree with many of you about their OVER PRICED structure on these GT-H. Not to mention that they LOW balled me on my trade by thousands!!! They offered me $31,500 for a fully loaded, adult driven, 1 of 15 , 2016 White Dodge Charger Scat Pack with every possible option in pristine condition that only has 8,000 miles!!!! $47,947 MSRP. I get trade, auction, wholesale and retail values but really!!!! I asked the sales guy if they were selling me the GT-H for $40k with that low trade offer and he laughed. I really love the look and low build count but agree Hertz is charging too much and don't seem to care if they sell or not. I'll keep you updated on my quest!!      

19 minutes ago, MYGTS said:

Hello everyone, Its been a while since I've been on this forum after selling my 2013 Shelby GTS a few years ago(regret it, 1 of 1), but glad to be back. I recently started visiting the forum to get info on the 2016 GT-H and did my research as well. I even visited the Mecum Auctions the last 2 days to see what the 16 GT-H would close at and was surprised at how high their reserves were. Although pristine and low miles (35) it still didn't meet the reserve. However the supercharged did sell. This brings me to my next point, I've been watching the Hertz Car Sales locations in Central Florida the last 3 months and not a single unit has sold. There are about 6 here not including 4-5 in Tampa about 1 1/2 drive away. About 2 weeks ago they lowered the price from $49,900 to $46,900 which I though was interesting and in line with me pulling the trigger. So after working with the sales guy for about 2 weeks and having them value my trade I agree with many of you about their OVER PRICED structure on these GT-H. Not to mention that they LOW balled me on my trade by thousands!!! They offered me $31,500 for a fully loaded, adult driven, 1 of 15 , 2016 White Dodge Charger Scat Pack with every possible option in pristine condition that only has 8,000 miles!!!! $47,947 MSRP. I get trade, auction, wholesale and retail values but really!!!! I asked the sales guy if they were selling me the GT-H for $40k with that low trade offer and he laughed. I really love the look and low build count but agree Hertz is charging too much and don't seem to care if they sell or not. I'll keep you updated on my quest!!      

Good luck on your hunt. If you do pull the trigger I'm sure you will love the 2016 Shelby GT H.  They are pretty cool cars.

Today on Mecum a 2006 Shelby GT-H  low mileage 5 speed (one of 4 ) hit $125K.... the bid goes on. That's about right and over time these first year low mileage Shelbys will increase. 

Edited by mach 1 1970