TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Michelin PS4S

P7M8

After researching a bit I've decided to replace the stock hockey pucks with Michelin Pilot Sport 4Ss. I need a tire that can handle daily driving, rain and occasional dips below 50*. It's going to stay in the 40s the next few days and it's wet. I think we're in for a lot of that this winter in Southeastern Louisiana.

Michelin does not offer OEM size for an '11 SVTPP in the front. Going with stock 285/35/20 size in the back. Need opinions on the fronts. 265/35/19 or 275/35/19? I'd rather the 275s but is that enough size difference between the front and back for the staggered size set-up. There's enough empty space under the fenderwells in the front as it is. I don't want to lower the car. I think the 265/35 would look anorexic. 

Heard good things about the 4S.  Your vehicle so do what makes you happy but I like the rake look.  285 seems large to go in front of these cars and most go bigger than 285 in rear but then you may get into new rims.

Anyway, great decision to replace OEM Goodyears.

Tires mounted today. Night and day difference. It's a completely different car.  Went out for a quick errand this evening after the car had been sitting for a few hours. With the F1s I would have had to wait to get the tires warmed up before getting on the throttle. Plus it was raining. I didn't have to worry about the tires not performing. Glad I made the upgrade.