TEAM SHELBY FORUM

does FORD have the parts for both airbags available yet?

venom

Haven't been to the forum in quite awhile. Did some searching on the forum and couldn't find my answer.

I just called one of the few local dealers that I trust and inquired about the Takata airbags.

The service manager took my VIN and said that FORD still does not show any replacement parts for the "passenger" side airbag.

Is this factT?

Has anyone out there had BOTH "driver" AND "passenger" airbags replaced?

All the notifications are for the drivers side part.

Honda is getting very aggressive. I saw on the news the other night they have roving teams driving around looking for Honda vehicles parked on the street and will change out the inflator on the spot. They are also scouring junkyards and removing the airbag assembly (the whole thing) from scrapped vehicles so that if they are ever rebuilt they won't have the defective part in them.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/27/2018 at 4:01 PM, B Shelby said:

Got a letter today stating  a repair is available for your vehicle,  guess I'll be going to get er done soon . 

I've received several of those types of letters in the past only to find out that it was just for the "driver" side. I just got another notice in the mail 3 days and it doesn't indicate anything about which side it is for? Does your letter "clearly" state that the passenger will be available or in other words both sides will be available for repair?

so I checked the Ford Recall site and this is what it shows as status for the "passenger" side. This means part is still not available right?

• Remedy Program: OWNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLE TO A FORD OR LINCOLN DEALER TO HAVE THEIR PASSENGER FRONTAL AIRBAG INFLATOR REPLACED. THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE FOR THIS SERVICE.

21 minutes ago, B Shelby said:

I went to my dealer and  showed them my recall notice 16S26 and they put my name on a list , so when they get one or two they will call me , said it should not be long.  Passenger side coming ,, drivers side done already 

Don`t hold your breath, I was told that last October.

4 hours ago, venom said:

so I checked the Ford Recall site and this is what it shows as status for the "passenger" side. This means part is still not available right?

• Remedy Program: OWNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLE TO A FORD OR LINCOLN DEALER TO HAVE THEIR PASSENGER FRONTAL AIRBAG INFLATOR REPLACED. THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE FOR THIS SERVICE.

Yes, it does mean it is not available for your vehicle yet.  The parts are being rolled out by region (humid areas first).  Older models first.  So even though the same part is used, priority will be given to those with the highest risk.    Be patient, you will get a letter from Ford when it is available for your area.

• 2 weeks later...

Had mine replaced last Friday. I'm under the impression they are becoming available in the southern states first, I live in Florida. I had called a local dealer 2-3 months ago and got on the list, they called two weeks ago and we set an appointment. I was at the dealer no more than a half an hour.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Took my 2007 Shelby GT500 for airbag replacement today.  They replaced my drivers side cover with a plain Cobra, not happy at all!

I have 800 miles on my car and had it signed by Shelby wanted everything original!

Has anyone else had this problem?

Not happy!

Screenshot_20180713-084605 (1).jpg

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:57 AM, The Chairman said:

Agree.  Someone took your cover.  The airbag is replaced on the back of your cover.....

Any luck with taking it back?

I had mine done, I knew something was wrong but thought it was my imagination.