TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need some Body Work by a Shelby Shop

I recently rear-ended another car that stopped short and my 66 Hertz could not stop quick enough. Makes me feel better to blame it on the car anyway. I don't think their is any internal damage other then the radiator just mainly took out the bumper the hood and front fascia made out of fiberglas and right front fender. It was a 9 out of 10 car which hurts that I believe was pretty much original but had been restored. I'm going to need it repaired but I want it done with Original date code Shelby parts if possible and I want a 11 out of 10 paint job on it. I live in the Houston, Kingwood, Humble, Baytown, Spring, Texas area mainly the Houston area and would be interested in anyone that has had some similar work done who they went to and how long it took and how satisfied they were.

Thanks, SVT

06 GTH 417 13,300 miles, first owner, all paperwork / open to an offer if someone wanted a nice used GTH / Picture of Carroll signing the dash / please no low ball offers its a nice car

06 GTH 366 1.800 miles

08 Black KR 900 miles

2016 GTH Hertz 50th anniversary car #15 one of the 16 6 speeds

1966 hertz Shelby Mustang - that needs some tender loving care

2015 Jaguar F-type 550 hp just for fun

Edited by svtakach62

Sorry to hear about your mishap. You might check with the guys on the SAAC forum that live in your area, depending on how far away you want to go to get the best possible and most knowledgeable work done. Some parts may be restorable, some may require an expensive date coded original replacement, if it can be found. What insurance do you have and are they handling some of the cost?

:cool:

This just happened so I haven't even reported it to insurance yet; they were closed. I'm with Barrett Jackson Insurance who uses A

This just happened so I haven't been able to report it yet. I'm with Barrett Jackson Insurance and they clear through AIG so I'm not expecting any surprises I tried to call but they were closed for the weekend.

ig

I recently rear-ended another car that stopped short and my 66 Hertz could not stop quick enough. Makes me feel better to blame it on the car anyway. I don't think their is any internal damage other then the radiator just mainly took out the bumper the hood and front fascia made out of fiberglas and right front fender. It was a 9 out of 10 car which hurts that I believe was pretty much original but had been restored. I'm going to need it repaired but I want it done with Original date code Shelby parts if possible and I want a 11 out of 10 paint job on it. I live in the Houston, Kingwood, Humble, Baytown, Spring, Texas area mainly the Houston area and would be interested in anyone that has had some similar work done who they went to and how long it took and how satisfied they were.

Thanks, SVT

06 GTH 417 13,300 miles, first owner, all paperwork / open to an offer if someone wanted a nice used GTH / please no low ball offers its a nice car

06 GTH 366 1.800 miles

08 Black KR 900 miles

2016 GTH car #12 one of the 16 6 speeds

1966 hertz Shelby Mustang - that needs some tender loving care

2015 Jaguar F-type 550 hp just for fun

Sorry to hear that Stephen. As long as you're alright, all the rest is just white noise, and bent metal

The only thing Shelby specific you mentioned that was damaged is the hood. You will have a very difficult time finding an original Shelby hood as there were many iterations of this hood back in the day. The fender, bumper, grill, valence and radiator are all Mustang. If your radiator is original, see if you can save the top of it. Any quality professional Mustang restorer should be able to put you back together. If you insist on original date coded parts, you may have to wait and look a long time. The only obvious thing is the fender, which has visible date codes and I agree that finding an original one would be a high priority. That, and the radiator top. Much of the original, so called NOS chrome bumpers that are still around are very expensive and also of poor chrome quality. It used to be the reproductions had better chrome, but that's not the case anymore either. Re-chroming a good original is probably the best bet, but also expensive. If your front valence was the fiberglass R-model type that wasn't original to your car anyway.

Edited by ITHERTZ66

• 2 months later...

I too had BJ  (AIG) for a claim on an SVT Cobra years ago - they were awesome when it came time for the repair.  I would think a very good body shop would work as well as a "Shelby" shop.  A good friend has a custom shop locally and they restored one of the original Daytona Coupes in the mid 2000's, it looked perfect, sold for $9 million a few years later.