TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I Pulled The Trigger--VMP TVS

Bruce2009KR

Many said the KR really should have come with this TVS and said I "really should do it." With the recent Thanksgiving Day sales, I pulled the trigger.

The VMP "kit" came with 67mm throttle bodies, a tune, a 90mm idler, and I was encouraged to get the 56 lb injectors and fuel pump booster.

Hopefully this will be a welcomed addition! Now I worry what other "must do" things will creep in! Control Arms? One piece drive shaft? Heat exchanger??

Open to all comments and or suggestions. Thanks.

Edited by Bruce2009KR

Many said the KR really should have come with this TVS and said I "really should do it." With the recent Thanksgiving Day sales, I pulled the trigger.

The VMP "kit" came with 67mm throttle bodies, a tune, a 90mm idler, and I was encouraged to get the 56 lb injectors and fuel pump booster.

Hopefully this will be a welcomed addition! Now I worry what other "must do" things will creep in! Control Arms? One piece drive shaft? Heat exchanger??

Open to all comments and or suggestions. Thanks.

With all that add on`s that might be just enough H.P to twist that two piece drive shaft.

• 3 weeks later...

The KR tune is 99% identical to the ProCal tune and the differences are insignificant. Both tunes are good for the TVS, throttle body and a little smaller pulley, 2.65 is the most I would go based on what Ive seen. I wouldnt add the injectors to this without a new tune though. The VMP tune works well too, but it turns off a lot and wont pass inspection.

• 4 months later...
On 5/8/2018 at 5:44 PM, 2009MustangGT500KR said:

Ever got the install completed? Which tune did you end up with?

Sorry for the delay in responding!  I did get it all done and it's a totally different animal!  It's VMP's 820hp kit with a Gen 2R TVS and I used VMP for the tune and said conservative was fine as I'm 58 this year and don't plan on too many all-out races. She hit 660 whp on the dyno and I'm confident I could get it higher but I'm okay with that power--believe me!  I have Dynatech LT 1 7/8" tubes, Borla Touring Mufflers (the stock system was SO loud after all this work I couldn't stand it!) which sound Fantastic to me.  I went with a 2.5 pulley and stock lower  67mm TB, 56 lb injectors, JLT 123, BAP, Afco Heat Exchanger, McLeod RXT, DSS one piece driveshaft, BMR upper and lowers, Sway Bar, new spark plugs and 93 octane gas. Stock KR rear of 3:73   

I am running Michelin Pilot AS3 tires on stock rims.  It will break the tires loose at 60mph if I stomp it so one has to be VERY careful with this kind of power.  The neat thing about this monster is that you don't need to race it; the power is felt and stares and compliments come each time it's on the road.  I love it.  What I don't love is watching the gas gauge drop faster than ever (12 mpg or so) !

Edited by Bruce2009KR
Clarity.

Update on mine.

Added the FR TVS with Procal back in 2012,  and while there was a slight bump, I wasn't completely satisfied. 

And over these past number of years, I always wanted to have the guys at AED wake it up some, and that day happened this past week.

The car remains completely stock relative to throttle body, pulley, exhaust etc. and I wanted to stay on the conservative side with the tune and available 91 octane pump gas here in California.

Drew installed the new injectors, then it was time for Shaun to do what he does. 

605 rwhp

589 rwtq

1000rpm increase from previous redline of 6250 to 7250

Shaun also said reaching 200 mph is achievable. (although the last 20-25mph would take a while due to aerodynamics limits, as the car, in his words, is a brick) 

Suffice to say, I am thrilled considering the conservative approach we took.

Edited by Cali_KR

• 11 months later...
On 5/5/2019 at 6:30 AM, 2009MustangGT500KR said:

I know this thread is old but...I was able to locate a brand new FRPP TVS and am looking to  get this installed. Does anyone know of a good installer in upstate New York? 

While they are not in NY I would suggest having Tasca Ford in Rhode Island do the install. Tasca has plenty of experience and the Tasca install invoice will carry some cache to collectors.

Steven

• 5 months later...
On 5/5/2019 at 9:30 AM, 2009MustangGT500KR said:

I know this thread is old but...I was able to locate a brand new FRPP TVS and am looking to  get this installed. Does anyone know of a good installer in upstate New York? 

Can you share where you picked up the FRPP TVS?