TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT California Edition Sales Brochure ?

NZ Shelby KR

Information please.

I am not sure if the 2007 Shelby GT California Edition came out with a sales brochure like the 2008 Shelby GT-C. Grabber Orange car on blue background.

If one was used in sales promotions, then is there anyone here that can scan it for me to reprint.

2008_SGT-_C_Front.jpg

Thanks

Sam

Edited by NZ Shelby KR

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see any reference to the Northern California SGT in that attachment , isn't the NorCal SGT what the OP was looking for?

Yes, its is a NorCal SGT. Has the gauge cluster and "California" sill plates.

You guys here would know if there was a sales brochure produced only for the NorCal model?

Sam

Edited by NZ Shelby KR

Yes, its is a NorCal SGT. Has the gauge cluster and "California" sill plates.

You guys here would know if there was a sales brochure produced only for the NorCal model?

Sam

I don't recall one that's why I was watching this thread to see if there was one.

Keep in mind Ford contracted with Shelby American to build the Shelby GT for their dealers so it was Ford that produced the sales/marketing material not SAI.

If anyone recalls a 2007 NorCal Edition SGT hero card please post up. The only NorCal SGT specific items I recall were the tv commercial and NorCal newspaper ads. I'm also thinking possibly a billboard but I'm just not sure. Does anyone recall a billboard for the NorCal SGT?

Here is a picture of the hero card. Its been quite a while, but I believe I found it on teamshelby.

Nick

attachicon.gifC2D61A56-8B3B-4A7C-A5A8-FE7F27629489.jpeg

attachicon.gif9A56AEF5-FCAA-4CB7-ACA4-490A516A74B8.jpeg

Nick. Looks like that's the one I require. Have found then on this forum site.

Thanks.

Sam

Edited by NZ Shelby KR

On the front page, bottom right picture of the gauge cluster shows BOOST - FUEL - OIL gauges.

Why is there a BOOST gauge?. I thought the ones supplied to the dealers were not supercharged, I believe a few owners had there SGT's Paxton modified by SAI.

Do you know many were California Edition's?

Just a thought, would this cluster picture have been taken from the prototype Paxton SGT and used in the brochure but the non Paxton had another gauge fitted.

Please correct me.

Nor_Cal_Hero_Card_Pg1.jpg

Sam

Edited by NZ Shelby KR

There was a topic where I and a few others posted Hero Card scans (I got the one for the Barrett Jackson). Unfortunately the quick search didn't immediately turn it up and there are LOTS of search hits on "hero card".

Thanks Tony.

Found them on old posts.

Sam

On the front page, bottom right picture of the gauge cluster shows BOOST - FUEL - OIL gauges.

Why is there a BOOST gauge?. I thought the ones supplied to the dealers were not supercharged, I believe a few owners had there SGT's Paxton modified by SAI.

Do you know many were California Edition's?

Just a thought, would this cluster picture have been taken from the prototype Paxton SGT and used in the brochure but the non Paxton had another gauge fitted.

Please correct me.

Nor_Cal_Hero_Card_Pg1.jpg

Sam

Sam,

Correct no SGT's were shipped unsold to a dealer with a supercharger installed. Whoever put this hero card together probably requested a gauge pod photo and didn't notice or didn't care it had a boost gauge in the photo. NorCal gauge pods had an oil temp, oil pressure & fuel gauges.

There were 202 NorCal edition SGT's built.

Sam,

Correct no SGT's were shipped unsold to a dealer with a supercharger installed. Whoever put this hero card together probably requested a gauge pod photo and didn't notice or didn't care it had a boost gauge in the photo. NorCal gauge pods had an oil temp, oil pressure & fuel gauges.

There were 202 NorCal edition SGT's built.

Steven.

Thanks for the info.

Actually I have never heard the term "HERO CARD" before. Is it a factory issued sales brochure that a Ford dealer would use to promote the said vehicle or something a person has put together say for a car show display.

Here in NZ no one has heard of the word Hero Card.

Sam

Steven.

Thanks for the info.

Actually I have never heard the term "HERO CARD" before. Is it a factory issued sales brochure that a Ford dealer would use to promote the said vehicle or something a person has put together say for a car show display.

Here in NZ no one has heard of the word Hero Card.

Sam

The term "Hero Card" was most likely appropriated from sports memorabilia shows where retired sports figure would sit at tables autographing sports memorabilia for $20-50-100 or whatever that retired athlete could command. Because many people did not bring a piece of memorabilia with them to the show, for example a baseball, a team jersey, etc the promoters would have free "cards" available for the sports figure to autograph that usually contained facts & figures of the athletes career, think of an over-sized baseball card.

These automotive "hero cards" first started to appear at new model introduction car shows as free handouts as they were much cheaper to produce then say a multi-page sales brochure. Over the years "hero cards" have increasingly been showing up in dealer show rooms, again as they are cheaper to produce then multi-page sales brochures.

We here at Shelby American have pretty much converted over to "hero cards" for our line of vehicles but have been using them since the 2006 GTH so they are nothing new to us.

Steve

• 3 months later...