TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY AMERICAN UNVEILS NEXT GEN SHELBY 1000 TRACK CAR

SAI-Steven

The Shelby 1000 is back for 2015 and later Mustang GT. The package begins with the replacement of the stock V8 with a 5.2L supercharged engine that features best-of-the-best internals, a traditional 90-degree crank, modified GT350 cylinder heads and a 4.5L Whipple supercharger.

http://www.shelby.com/?topic=news&art=21588

Don't know what to say but that is one bad bad a$$ MF machine. Got to be built in all the right places. Nice job SA. What happens to the original engine that comes with the donor car ? Who keeps it ?

Edited by mach 1 1970

For street/track, the 2018 wide body Super Snake concept looks like a close 2nd. The new front fascia, grill and splitter on both are an awesome step up from 2017. There is a nice video out there somewhere with Gary and Matt G talking about it at SEMA. Looking forward to Shelby Shelby posting more about the official 2018 SS.

For street/track, the 2018 wide body Super Snake concept looks like a close 2nd. The new front fascia, grill and splitter on both are an awesome step up from 2017. There is a nice video out there somewhere with Gary and Matt G talking about it at SEMA. Looking forward to Shelby Shelby posting more about the official 2018 SS.

:salute:

https://youtu.be/rF4qlfeOob4

Since TS and SAAC National and Nor-Cal SAAC are going to be at the SAAC Convention 43 at Sonoma, August 3-4-5 (just confirmed and announced), I hope SA comes with both the 2018 SS prototype and the 2017 1000 to show off. And not just on display, but pushing the rubber on the track. :cool:

My vote is for Randy to rip it around Laguna Seca to see what it can do!

I vote for Gary Patterson going nuts on the Spring Mountain long course.

With that kind of Power, is it a Road Course car, I would have thought Straight Line.