TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hight priority what does it Mean?

scs1

:happy feet: I Talk to my dealer and asking him did they get a build date or vin# yet and he said he talk to His ford Rep and they told him this

I CALLED MY FORD REP FRIDAY I BELIEVE IT WAS ALL SHE COULD DO WAS PUT A PRIORITY CODE ON IT AND SINCE IT WAS RETAIL ORDERED IT ALREADY HAD THAT.

does this do any good ?

:happy feet: I Talk to my dealer and asking him did they get a build date or vin# yet and he said he talk to His ford Rep and they told him this

I CALLED MY FORD REP FRIDAY I BELIEVE IT WAS ALL SHE COULD DO WAS PUT A PRIORITY CODE ON IT AND SINCE IT WAS RETAIL ORDERED IT ALREADY HAD THAT.

does this do any good ?

Priority codes only pertain to within a certain dealer. So long as you have the lowest priority code AT YOUR DEALER then you are first in line. If they only sell one GT500...then it matters not whether you are priority 10 or 90.

Good luck.

Dave

Well now i see why Ford is in trouble when they can't even give you a build date after a month on order

Thats bad at least they could give you a build date even if it a few month away or more Thanks scs1

That can't give a build date until after they pull the order and schedule it.

The regional department can at least tell what week the dealer's allocation is for the car. Meaning, your allocation for your GT500 is due to come up the week of XX/XX/XXXX

Then sometime during that week the order will get pulled and the build date would get scheduled and the vin would be assigned.

Usually then can tell the week allocation is due if it is within 3 months from now.

That can't give a build date until after they pull the order and schedule it.

The regional department can at least tell what week the dealer's allocation is for the car. Meaning, your allocation for your GT500 is due to come up the week of XX/XX/XXXX

Then sometime during that week the order will get pulled and the build date would get scheduled and the vin would be assigned.

Usually then can tell the week allocation is due if it is within 3 months from now.

Hey ShelbyDude. Great Info...

Do you have any idea of when the Regional Department is able to see what week?

And are you saying that there is a 3 month sliding window that they are able to see what week, therefore

if your build week is greater than 3 months from the time they looked, they would not be able to see it

at the regional depart level either? And therefore, their allocation is due to come up greater than 3 months from now?

Hey ShelbyDude. Great Info...

Do you have any idea of when the Regional Department is able to see what week?

And are you saying that there is a 3 month sliding window that they are able to see what week, therefore

if your build week is greater than 3 months from the time they looked, they would not be able to see it

at the regional depart level either? And therefore, their allocation is due to come up greater than 3 months from now?

Correct.

For example, I sold a Shelby GT in Dec of 06. I talked to the regional department to find out when it will get built. They looked it up and said we are not up for our allocation until the week of March 5th. They actually ended up pulling the order a few weeks early and it was actually built on March 5th.

So if your allocation is coming up within the next 3 months they can at least tell you what week it is due to come up. If not, it will be at least more than 3 months out from now.

That theory was widely proven FALSE during scheduling of the 2007s.

Dave

I had never heard of this being the case for 07. I think they did SVT dealers first. I think President winners were followed by Svt dealers in 07.

I was told 08 will start with giving President Winners their cars first.

What they actual end up doing though, is anyone's guess!

We had our 07's scheduled in July for Aug. Our 08 still has not been scheduled.

I had never heard of this being the case for 07. I think they did SVT dealers first. I think President winners were followed by Svt dealers in 07.

I was told 08 will start with giving President Winners their cars first.

What they actual end up doing though, is anyone's guess!

We had our 07's scheduled in July for Aug. Our 08 still has not been scheduled.

There were MANY cases of small, non PA, non-SVT dealers getting their cars before the PA and SVT dealers. THere seemed to be no rhyme or reason to it. I tracked this for months in a detailed fashion in a thread...I still have the data in Excel.

Dave

Go look up this ebay number 280130896686. This Ohio dealer claims to have 6 in stock! Shows pictures as well. Rather than bid on ebay, make a direct call. If anyone SHOULD want to bargain, they might! For all the guys who state prices are coming down, try your luck and use your wisdom. These are 2007's and who knows!

Archived