TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby Owner

hbromell

I just purchased a Black 2013 Mustang Shelby GT500 with only 9,500 miles on it. The car and engine look brand new and I took it to have it dyno tested last week and it produced 775 HP from the engine and 725 ft/lbs of torque on the rear tires. The dyno shop told me that it had several after market upgrades to include racing cams, after market fuel rails, throttle body, oil catch cans, Kooks headers, 3" exhaust, and several other after market upgrades to include an SCT 3000 tuner. When I was 17 years old my first car was a 1965 Mustang and I've always wanted another Mustang and after 38 years I finally was able to find the car I've always wanted.

post-48301-0-51097100-1509451674_thumb.jpg

post-48301-0-70633900-1509451727_thumb.jpg

Welcome to Team Shelby !! Get used to that Shelby before you do any WOT on the highways. The nannies are not that great and wont do much to save you if you still have those Goodyears tires on her. I had a 14 and it would snap into the other lane in second gear with no warning @ wot. Below 50 degrees forget even driving her hard.....just my 2 cents. Enjoy your new ride they are well engineered machines for sure. They can handle anything you can do to them.

Larry T has some great videos on this forum regarding your new ride. Check them out.

Those are 295 MPSS on the rears (one size up) in my picture. No tire wobble @ all. Still had to be careful but much better then those Goodyears. Once you master this car its a blast with power to spare.

........................Almost twins !!

post-9597-0-28437500-1509457163_thumb.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970