TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Experimenting with 2015-2018 GT350 rocker badge lettering

The current GT350 has a couple of design elements incorporating Shelby, the Cobra and GT350 badging, including an updated/stylized GT350 fender badging.

Beyond the reserved front fender badge, we wanted to add a touch more GT350 detail that would be visible from short distance on the GT350 side views, but less than the retro GT350-type rocker panel stripes sold by aftermarket vendors.

Since we had white stripes on our Track Pack Competition Orange (CY paint code), we went with coordinating white decals mounted on the rear/aft-most door/rocker position, just before the rear wheel wells.

On the driver's side, the door edge gap matched the letter spacing on the GT350 decals perfectly, on the passenger side, we maintained similar decal positioning but cut the letters to accommodate the door edge gap, the decal still looked good on that side too.

post-48099-0-70959200-1509070989_thumb.jpg

post-48099-0-16975800-1509071008_thumb.jpg

post-48099-0-67706500-1509071170_thumb.jpg

I like it. I have often thought the new GT350 needed a retro rocker panel stripe with GT350 lettering. I think I would add the stripe as well. If it were me, I would remove the plastic GT350 on the fender and add the full rocker stripe with the GT350 on the lower portion of the fender/door as it was in the 60's. Maybe even replace the plastic GT350 on the fender with a Tiffany Snake as a nod to the GT500's.

Secondo - Thanks for the input. Sometimes when you get outside the box you get crapped on but that doesn't bother me. If we all stayed in the box it's be a boring world.

Another OOTB thought - this might also look good in black lettering on other body colors and with black stripes.

We did try to be somewhat reserved on this experiment, to be fair it's too easy to go too far. The OEM fender badging is nice, but a bit small viewed from a distance, that was the driving point here.

Looks really nice! I like it! A nice touch on a modern GT350. Great job thinking outside the box.

ViperNC - Thanks - solid ideas on your part too. The OEM fender badging is nice but small, the larger snake has a greater visual presence.

Since we have a 60's Shelby maybe we were dissuaded from the rocker strips on the 2015-2018, but the stripes do clearly tie into the visual heritage. Ford Performance tied in the new GT350 technology with the original GT350 concept nicely. They may have gone lightly on the visual tie ins on purpose, or not... the inside team story would be interesting to hear... if anyone hears of it...

I like it. I have often thought the new GT350 needed a retro rocker panel stripe with GT350 lettering. I think I would add the stripe as well. If it were me, I would remove the plastic GT350 on the fender and add the full rocker stripe with the GT350 on the lower portion of the fender/door as it was in the 60's. Maybe even replace the plastic GT350 on the fender with a Tiffany Snake as a nod to the GT500's.

ViperNC - BTW nice looking GT500! How do you keep the brake dust off those nice silver wheels?!?! ;-) The wheels on the current GT350's are black for a reason!

Your wheels are easier to clean than the old Shelby 10-spokers though...

post-48099-0-80340200-1509121383_thumb.jpg

Can't tell ya how many people have "crapped" on my two "nods" to the old days on my 350.....

I say, Screw 'Em. It's my car.....NOT yours! :victory:

Hmmmm..... I suppose it's actually three, if you include the grille snake?

31790791663_6b6c3de740_z_d.jpg

Edited by BIKEBOY

ViperNC - BTW nice looking GT500! How do you keep the brake dust off those nice silver wheels?!?! ;-) The wheels on the current GT350's are black for a reason!

Your wheels are easier to clean than the old Shelby 10-spokers though...

They are not very hard to clean. The main thing is to wipe the polished aluminum lips after every drive.

• 2 years later...