TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Radio/Nav issues on my 2008 Shelby GT500

Briarpatch

I TOOK MY 2008 SHELBY IN 2 WEEKS AGO FOR THE DRIVERSIDE AIRBAG RECALL WHEN I PICKED IT UP THE RADIO/NAV UNIT DID NOT WORK. I TOOK IT BACK AND THEY WORKED ON IT FOR A WHILE AND TOLD ME THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE AIRBAG.

NOW I NOTICED IT WORKS OFF AND ON. IF I UNPLUG THE ENTIRE UNIT AND WAIT AND THEN PLUG IT BACK IN I CAN HEAR IT WIND UP AND IT COMES ON. IF I CHECK IT IN AN HOUR OR TWO IT DOESNT WORK. I HAVE BEEN THOUGH THE REPAIR MANUALS AND CAN NOT FIGURE THIS ONE OUT. FUSES ARE GOOD, ETC.

HELP?

There are dozens of threads on the net that address a lot of the problems with your year of Ford NAV. Just Google “2008 Ford Navigation Problems” and you will get dozens of topics to read through that more than likely cover the problem you are having.

If searching isn’t of help, you can call Omicron Electronics in Dallas, TX and they may be able to help you diagnose/fix what is going on. They are an authorized Pioneer repair shop (Ford Navigation of your model year is most likely a Pioneer based unit).

Omicron Electronics Tel: (972)­ 446-8222

Thank you all for the information. Sure enough the main board burned out and had to replace the entire unit with a refurbished unit. You are correct about Ford disconnecting the battery. I will not be taking it back to that dealership again here in Denver. They actually called me yesterday and said the technician wrote down the wrong serial number for the air bag initiator and wanted me to bring it back so the can retrieve the serial number! No way

Back when I was turning Wrenches back in the 90's, we had a special thing that took a 9 Volt Battery that we would plug into the Cig Lighter BEFORE we disconnected the Battery to keep the Computer alive. Would that work today on these newer Cars with Factory Nav?