TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I saw my first 2017 Super Snake in person today

ViperNC

RK Motors had their monthly car show today and this was my first time attending. As I rolled up, a Roush Mustang was leaving and the driver stopped me: "Hey Man.... there is a spot next to a new Super Snake. Go grab it." My interest was peaked. So I proceeded to park the '09 car and... OH MY GOD! (OMG for all you Millennials)

The most beautiful Mustang I have ever laid eyes on was sitting there in all it's glory. A 2017 Super Snake #18. Not to much later after I parked, the owner strolled up and we had a great conversation. Tom's Super Snake looks amazing and honestly I felt my GT500 paled in comparison. Ruby Red with Silver Stripes and trimmed in Carbon. I would not have made a single change to his car. He is a new member of Team Shelby and I hope he can post up a picture of his awesome Shelby Super Snake.

Welcome to Team Shelby Tom. I'm still drooling over your car... :party:

post-35388-0-86468000-1508014300_thumb.jpg

post-35388-0-00587400-1508014311_thumb.jpg

" The most beautiful Mustang I have ever laid eyes on was sitting there in all it's glory. A 2017 Super Snake #18 "

So, was it enough to get you to place an order ???

I have to admit that since Saturday I have been researching Super Snakes. Not sure I'll be getting one, but what a great looking ride.

Blake - Thanks for the great introduction relating to SNAKE#18. The car was ordered from Parkway Ford in January from Ed Woods. Ford built in less than 5 weeks and sent directly to Shelby American in Las Vegas. I had the choice of staying with this configuration or the 50th Anniversary. Mine is either the last or 2nd from the last in this configuration for 2017. Chris Ruby at Shelby was my contact during the build. I give both Ed and Chris high marks in the whole ordering and built process. I finally took delivery on May 15th. I feel I made the right decision purchasing the SS versus a Corvette C7 Z06. Thanks for all the positive comments guys. Very much appreciated.

Great build photos Tom! Welcome to Team Shelby. Now go and enjoy that beast! I want a ride soon.

Edited by ViperNC

RK Motors had their monthly car show today and this was my first time attending. As I rolled up, a Roush Mustang was leaving and the driver stopped me: "Hey Man.... there is a spot next to a new Super Snake. Go grab it." My interest was peaked. So I proceeded to park the '09 car and... OH MY GOD! (OMG for all you Millennials)

The most beautiful Mustang I have ever laid eyes on was sitting there in all it's glory. A 2017 Super Snake #18. Not to much later after I parked, the owner strolled up and we had a great conversation. Tom's Super Snake looks amazing and honestly I felt my GT500 paled in comparison. Ruby Red with Silver Stripes and trimmed in Carbon. I would not have made a single change to his car. He is a new member of Team Shelby and I hope he can post up a picture of his awesome Shelby Super Snake.

Welcome to Team Shelby Tom. I'm still drooling over your car... :party:

Last Saturday during the awards presentation, my windshield washer reservoir cap was stolen and now most likely hanging from a chain around someone's neck. Hope I don't find the Dude. That is going to be the 1st and last time for that to happen again. Did not know until yesterday when I was showing the engine compartment to a friend. How did you make out on your alignment?

Last Saturday during the awards presentation, my windshield washer reservoir cap was stolen and now most likely hanging from a chain around someone's neck. Hope I don't find the Dude. That is going to be the 1st and last time for that to happen again. Did not know until yesterday when I was showing the engine compartment to a friend. How did you make out on your alignment?

Damn Tom! That's a load of BS right there!! :swear:

If that's the case, you can only hope that "dude" is wearing that necklace when he leans over his motor's cooling fan and gets what's coming to him! :thumbsup:

How did you make out on your alignment?

The alignment for the cobra is done. Adding the adjustable caster plates helped solve the tracking issue. Unfortunately we still have a problem on the right front passenger side setting the ride height. The coil over has me baffled. I have a big discrepancy on the collars from driver side to passenger side. I have the passenger side spring almost fully compressed to be able to keep that side of the car high enough so the tire doesn't scrub the fender well. We can't figure out why. Even replaced the spring. Weird... and annoying. Hoping to get some type of direction from Backdraft Racing tomorrow.